Writing in your Heart discussion

Books to read to gain wisdom > Learning Curve

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clo (new)

Clo (cuppaclo) | 82 comments Mod
So when we write our stories, we all have characters arches, whether we realise it or not; we do have them. So this topic is not about the characters learning as we write out their story - this is about ours. As we learn new things about writing, laying out the characters, twists in the plot. We can share our learning curves here, to help others. So have fun.

message 2: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 18 comments Hayley wrote: "So when we write our stories, we all have characters arches, whether we realise it or not; we do have them. So this topic is not about the characters learning as we write out their story - this is ..."

Do you remember the Outcasts? The first idea I had for one of the characters, the werewolf, was going to get on a very, very different plot. I guess it was good I didn't do that because he is loved by the readers now! Thank you for the discussion!

message 3: by Clo (new)

Of course I remember the Outcasts!!! It was the first book of yours I've ever read and is one of my favourites. Isn't his name Jericho? He and Clare are a brill couple and then there's the vampire and the elf/fae. Sorry I forgot their names - I've been reading loads and so certain names have disappeared from my head. Thanks for sharing Alex. XD

message 4: by Clo (new)

So here is one of my learning curves - when I write I usually have an idea of where I want the story to go - however sometimes the characters just take over. And then they truly do write their own part to the story because they make me write something I hadn't planned at all.

Character are unpredictable - trust me. XD