Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Marketing No New Posts > How do you get traffic to your blogs?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm just wondering how to increase blog traffic. Any ideas?

message 2: by Wally (new)

Wally Runnels (wrunnelspacbellnet) | 90 comments Always leave your url address at the end of every communication.

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Hi Melvin. Do you cross promote your blog on other platforms? I've got my blog set up to feed through here to Goodreads, and whenever I post, I share the post to Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

Some folks also schedule older blog posts to circulate on social media, which can be effective, but it can also have the opposite effect if the posts circulate too often and look like spam.

What type of content do you post? This can also determine where you want to draw your audience from. And lastly, what is your objective? Do you want eyes on the pages to bring in advertising dollars or are you hoping this is a platform from which others will discover your books? Or is it something else?

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 08, 2015 01:09PM) (new)

Thanks, Wally. I like that suggestion.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello Christina. Thanks for the info. I post horror related materials (books, movies, television shows, etc.) My objective is to get others to discover my books and enjoy my posts.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been cross-posting my blog-posts onto Medium, and it has done wonders to increase traffic to my content.

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Melvin wrote: "Hello Christina. Thanks for the info. I post horror related materials (books, movies, television shows, etc.) My objective is to get others to discover my books and enjoy my posts."

Book discovery through blogs is kind of slow going, I will admit, but not impossible. Sounds like you've got the right type on content to attract readers.

message 8: by Ty (new)

Ty (tyunglebo) | 50 comments Sarah wrote: "I've been cross-posting my blog-posts onto Medium, and it has done wonders to increase traffic to my content."

I have an account there that I have never used. When it was new, I sat down and asked myself, "is this really any different than having a blog?" So I have not posted anything there. But I may start doing as you do...cross posting some of my content there.