David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

R&R Completed(post review links) > R&R #112 VAGABOND and INTREPID by J.D. Brewer **14 Ebooks Left!!**

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (last edited Aug 31, 2015 02:48PM) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
We have a treat today--TWO books by J.D. Brewer are up for review as follows:

1. Vagabond by J.D. Brewer
Genre: YA Paranormal SciFi
Vagabond

Book Description:

When Niko’s parents are brutally murdered by the Republic for being Genetic Terrorists, she must learn how to survive in the wild, in life, and in love. With nothing but her pack for a home, she travels the the fringes of the Colonies by train and by foot, and collects memories of the Vagabonds who teach her how to live with her new freedom. She first encounters Xavi, the boy who heals her heart before he breaks it. He simply leaves her for a nice pair of Legs, and Niko must learn how to move past unexplainable heartbreak. She soon discovers the Tracks are no place for love, because everything moves a little too fast. Before Niko has time to mourn her rejection, she encounters a different kind of pain— a pain in the rear named Flea. Niko’s subsequent adventures cause her to question her beliefs about the Genetic Engineering Guild, the Republic, the Revolution, and her heart. In this unconventional science fiction novel, a coming of age story is set against a utopian backdrop, and Niko just happens to be on the wrong side of perfection. Her tale is propelled by non-stop action while her past is never far behind to fill in the gaps. It’s a twist-driven page turner that’s incredibly difficult to put down once you pick it up.

Read, enjoy, and share.

2. Intrepid by J.D. Brewer
Genre: YA SciFi
Intrepid

Book Description:

Texi Nicholson is a small town girl living a small town life—that is, until the Multiverse intervenes. Suddenly, Texi learns she is not only capable of traveling between universes, but she has the ability to create or destroy them as well. Can she trust her childhood neighbor, Iago, to help her navigate the stars or will his own agenda prevent her from realizing her potential?

Liam Martinez grows up believing he understands who he is and what he will become, but he soon discovers his plans do not coincide with those who raised him. When he is given the task of helping Texi learn how to travel the Multiverse, he will truly learn what it means to Stand on the Shoulders of Giants. Can he remain objective when it means the fate of the Multiverse depends on his judgement?

Intrepid is a story of untapped potential, Multiversal imagination, and worlds colliding. Its blend of action, heartbreak, adventure, science fiction, and philosophy will make you question what you think you believe.

25 ebooks are available of each book so be the first to sign up below in order to receive a copy to Read and Review!

If possible, please post your reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble.

Formats available: Mobi, ePub

All reviews should be completed and posted within 4 weeks after your receive your copy of the ebook.

Leave your name, email address, and which book you would like to read/review (or state you'd like BOTH books).

Vagabond
1. Ivy Sundstrom - Cowgirlie1@hotmail.com - mobi
2. Catherine Bruno - catherine.bruno23@gmail.com - epub
3. Michelle Burgard - shella96@att.net - mobi
4. Karen Reese - reesekgreese2010@aol.com - mobi
5. Carl - Cschierh@Kent.edu - mobi
6. Heather - neveragain951@yahoo.com - mobi
7. Gail - gmfuhlman27@gmail.com - ePub
8. Marla - hanover.marla@gmail.com ePub
9. Ester - metshibangu@gmail.com - ePub
10. April - lcsdr60@yahoo.com - mobi
11. Mike - mike.fluellen@gmail.com - ePub

Intrepid
1. Ivy Sundstrom - Cowgirlie1@hotmail.com - mobi
2. Michelle Burgard - shella96@att.net - mobi
3. Carl - Cschierh@Kent.edu - mobi
4. Heather - neveragain951@yahoo.com - mobi
5. Gail - gmfuhlman27@gmail.com - ePub
6. June - deeperliving@hotmail.com ePub
7. Marla - hanover.marla@gmail.com ePub
8. April - lcsdr60@yahoo.com - mobi
9. Nicola - nicola_dorrington@hotmail.com - mobi
10. Leggings - leggingsarenotpantsjt@gmail.com - mobi
11. Mike - mike.fluellen@gmail.com - ePub

message 2: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (ivysun1017) | 1 comments Ivy Sundstrom
Cowgirlie1@hotmail.com
Could I read and review both books please?

Thanks!

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bruno | 771 comments Vagabond
Catherine Bruno-catherine.bruno23@gmail.com

Thanks! Also I have mostly Apple products so hopefully that won't be a problem.

message 4: by Michelle (last edited Aug 07, 2015 08:15PM) (new)

Michelle (shella9688) Michelle Burgard
shella96@att.net -- mobi
May I read both books as well, please?
Thank you!!

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen | 19 comments Karen Reese
reesekgreese2010@aol.com
Vagabond please
Mobi

message 6: by Carl (new)

Carl Schierhorn (cschierh) | 20 comments I'd like bot, please.

Cschierh@Kent.edu

Mobi

message 7: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brewer (jdbrewerbooks) | 18 comments Ivy, Catherine, and Michelle, I sent the books y'all's way! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

(Catherine, I sent you an ePub and a Mobi. Let me know if you have any problems downloading it!)

message 8: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brewer (jdbrewerbooks) | 18 comments Karen and Carl, I sent them your way! Let me know if you have any problems!

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather Vern | 2 comments I'm interested :) neveragain951@yahoo.com

message 10: by Gail (new)

Gail | 9 comments I would like to read both. gmfuhlman27@gmail.com ePub

message 11: by June (new)

June I'm interested in the epub version of Intrepid.
Email address: deeperliving@hotmail.com

message 12: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brewer (jdbrewerbooks) | 18 comments Heather, Gail, and June! I sent them off. Let me know if you have any problems! Happy reading!

message 13: by Marla (new)

Marla (rungirlkc) | 6 comments I would like to read both. Thanks!
epub
hanover.marla@gmail.com

message 14: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

The author has just upped the number of ebooks available for review of each book to 25!!!

Thanks so much J.D.!

message 15: by Gail (new)

Gail | 9 comments I have received the two books.

message 16: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brewer (jdbrewerbooks) | 18 comments Marla! Let I sent them your way. Let me know if you have any problems.

message 17: by Kela Esther (new)

Kela Esther | 101 comments I'm interested in trying Vagabond out.
email: metshibangu@gmail.com
format: ePud

message 18: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brewer (jdbrewerbooks) | 18 comments Esther wrote: "I'm interested in trying Vagabond out.
format: ePud"

Esther! I sent it your way!

message 19: by April (new)

April (lcsdr60) | 38 comments I would like both please
Mobi
lcsdr60@yahoo.com

message 20: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brewer (jdbrewerbooks) | 18 comments April wrote: "I would like both please
Mobi
lcsdr60@yahoo.com"

I sent them your way. Let me know if there's any problems. Happy reading!

message 21: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Dorrington (nsdorrington) | 52 comments I'd really love to read both! I'm not sure if my current RL commitments will allow it though!

I'll go with Intrepid as that has less people signed up right now.

nicola_dorrington@hotmail.com
.mobi

message 22: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brewer (jdbrewerbooks) | 18 comments Nicola wrote: "I'd really love to read both! I'm not sure if my current RL commitments will allow it though!

I'll go with Intrepid as that has less people signed up right now.

nicola_dorrington@hotmail.com
.mobi"

I sent it your way! Thanks for volunteering!

message 23: by Jana (new)

Jana Tenbrook (Reviews from the Stacks) (janareviewsfromthestacks) I'd love to read Intrepid as I've already read Vagabond!
leggingsarenotpantsjt@gmail.com
.mobi

message 24: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brewer (jdbrewerbooks) | 18 comments Leggings Are Never Pants wrote: "I'd love to read Intrepid as I've already read Vagabond!
leggingsarenotpantsjt@gmail.com
.mobi"

Sent it your way!!!! You rock!

message 25: by Kela Esther (new)

Kela Esther | 101 comments J.D. wrote: "Esther wrote: "I'm interested in trying Vagabond out.
format: ePud"

Esther! I sent it your way!"

Thank you! I'll begin reading shortly. :)

message 26: by Mike (new)

Mike | 23 comments i would love to review an epub of both books mike.fluellen@gmail.com thanks.

message 27: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brewer (jdbrewerbooks) | 18 comments Mike wrote: "i would love to review an epub of both books mike.fluellen@gmail.com thanks."

I sent them your way! Thank you so much for giving them a chance!

message 29: by June (new)

June Here is my review of Intrepid:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 30: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brewer (jdbrewerbooks) | 18 comments Thank you to everyone who has submitted a review so far (and to everyone still in the midst of reading)! I feel very lucky to be a part of a community like this.

message 31: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

We are very lucky to have you as part of the community too, J.D.!

message 32: by Marla (new)

Marla (rungirlkc) | 6 comments I read both of these books and loved them! They both sucked me into the lives of the characters and made me care for them.

message 33: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brewer (jdbrewerbooks) | 18 comments Marla wrote: "I read both of these books and loved them! They both sucked me into the lives of the characters and made me care for them."

Thank you so much for the reviews and kind words Marla! Vagabond's sequel is actually getting released in a couple weeks. Let me know if you'd like a free ebook! :)

message 34: by laurooou (new)

laurooou | 10 comments Hi,

if it's still possible, could I have a copy of Vagabond for review ?

Laura-May
padfoot-is-my-king@hotmail.fr
epub

Many thanks :)

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Vagabond (other topics)
Intrepid (other topics)