Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors Review discussion

Group members > "Life" in a computer

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martha (new)

Martha Follett | 1 comments Interested in hearing what everyone thinks about the premise of this book. What would life be like if we were really living in a computer?

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert Zwilling | 229 comments Are you talking about the idea that we call reality is a display from a cosmic size program running on the outskirts? We already know life looks like this on this level. But as soon as you slip through the cracks or the facade, or just bypass the do not enter signs, I think you would have quite a playground to operate in.

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Zwilling | 229 comments If it was just on a global scale, there are endless loops, bugs in the code, upgrade failures, viruses, component failures. People trying to game the system.

message 4: by Micah (new)

Micah Sisk (micahrsisk) | 563 comments I would suspect life in a computer would be fairly black or white. It's all 1s and 0s, yeah?

"How you feeling today, Fred?"
"Oh, you know, 1."
"Me too."
"Hear what happened to Sally?"
"Yeah, she's 0 now."
"Shame that."
"Right, she had a singular quality to her."
"Definitely a 1."
"Too true. Wanna have lunch?"
"0. My wife's after me to cut down on the eating out bit."
"Oh. Right. Well, see ya."
"Tuh-ta."

message 5: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 296 comments Y'all really need to quit messing with the code -- I don't have time to debug as the supervisor has two more universes that need coding. Then there are the upgrades we're behind on...