How to Promote YOUR book on Amazon discussion

General > KDP Select and Discounting?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by G.K. (new)

G.K. DeRosa | 20 comments Hi All,

My book is currently listed at $2.99 on Amazon and I'm part of KDP Select. I wanted to do a book promotion with Midlist or Booksends or one of those discounted sites, but in order to do so I need to discount the price at least 50%. Can I change the price without dropping out of Select? I thought I read somewhere that you couldn't change the price during the 90 day period.

And has anyone had any luck with promotions on these websites?

Thanks!
GK DeRosa
www.wilderbook.com
http://amzn.to/1LW9a9s
Wilder (The Guardian Series, #1) by G.K. DeRosa

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert Jr. | 1 comments you can change your price for 1 week during each 90 period...go to your dashboard there is a place to do a promo...both dites you mentioned are good...you should set up your promos a few weeks in advance...full explanation in kdp help..

message 3: by April (new)

April Wilson (aprilwilson) I think you can't do a promo during the first 30 days of a KDP Select period. And there are rules about how often/when you can change your price, relative to the promo period. You can read about that on the KDP website.

April

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna Cummins (goodreadscomdonna_cummins) | 52 comments SALE PRICE ONLY .99 CENTS !!! 8/9 through 8/12/2015
RAIN OF TERROR - A Mystery/Thriller that will haunt your dreams long past midnight....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book! By Lindahntx
I loved this one! Great mystery and heartwarming story. Loved the characters. This author has a great talent for keeping you in suspense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting! By Sue
Story keeps you interested from the beginning! One begins to turn pages quickly when the story gets intense. Excellent reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read! By Lois Owens –
Couldn’t put it down! Loved all the descriptive phrases…made it feel like I was right there. Would highly recommend Rain of Terror…hope there’s a sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read. By “booklover”
I loved this book. It kept me up late reading. The ending gave me chills. I am looking forward to more from Donna Cummins.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars By petstorepam
Excellent book. Couldn’t put it down!!!!!
Jed Tyler, a native of Blacklick Valley, has always felt satisfied and confident in his role of Sheriff in this sleepy mountain community in western Pennsylvania—with the exception of a dark secret hidden deep in his past. But when children suddenly begin to vanish and a young mother is murdered, Tyler is called to solve the most challenging case of his career. During the investigation, he meets newcomer Jenny McConnell—along with her young son Timmy—and romantic sparks begin to fly. With time running out, Tyler is led cross-country to an orphanage in the distant Sierra Nevada’s in hopes of uncovering the answers to some of his questions and the identity of his perp. He returns home, however, more perplexed than before, only to find that Timmy has been kidnapped! A mysterious diary left on his doorstep yields the answers to many secrets, including those involving a satanic cult, and trips Tyler’s belief that he knows where the psychotic madman is hiding.
The final scenes are full of action and suspense as one secret after another is revealed in rapid succession. At the last paragraph, when all seems resolved, suddenly comes the final twist, the final surprise that leaves the reader anxiously awaiting a sequel (which does, in fact, materialize as ANGUISH, Book 3 in the series).
Targeted Age Group: 18-65
Book Price: .99
This book is bargain priced from 08/09/2015 until 08/12/2015. KINDLE COUNTDOWN !!!

http://www.amazon.com/Rain-Terror-Bla...

UK LINK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rain-Terror-B... Rain of Terror (A Blacklick Valley Mystery, #1) by Donna Cummins Donna Cummins

message 5: by Vaughn (new)

Vaughn Treude (vaughntreude) | 3 comments I've just published a new fiction book (Fidelio's Automata, an adventure in the steampunk genre) and I'm trying to decided whether I should enroll in Kindle Select.
If I want to do $0.99 promotions (rather than free) do I need to be in select? If I change the prices on my bookshelf will they get updated in a timely fashion? Am I limited to how often I can make changes? Obviously Amazon wants to sell people on Select so I'm unclear on what I can do without it.

message 6: by April (new)

April Wilson (aprilwilson) G.K. wrote: "Hi All,

My book is currently listed at $2.99 on Amazon and I'm part of KDP Select. I wanted to do a book promotion with Midlist or Booksends or one of those discounted sites, but in order to do so..."

Hi, G.K.

You can do a discount with those places, but you would have to coordinate it with a promotional discount in KDP Select, so that they run at the same time. You can do that. Once you set up the dates for you promotion with those other places, then set up your promo in KDP Select. Keep in mind, however, there are some date restricitons in KDP Select. You need to work around those restrictions.

I'm running my first book promotion in KDP Select starting tomorrow and running for 7 days, which is the maximum length of time you can discount a book in KDP Select.

Good luck to you...

April

message 7: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Villalobos | 3 comments Hello everyone,

My mystery novel, Stranger or Friend, is currently listed at $0.99, going up to $1.99 tomorrow and $2.99 on Friday.

Here is one of the 19 reviews:
"Stranger or Friend is a great mystery that will have you guessing until the very end, but it's the quality of the writing that made this a standout for me. While the murder mystery kept this reader turning the page, the depth of the characters had me captivated. Ms. Villalobos gives the reader much to think about in this tale. The threads of frustrating small town politics, the struggles presented by an aging parent, and the inherit regrets one faces during the loss of a loved one make this story so much than a Who-done-it mystery. Ms. Villalobos' keen eye for rich detail makes Stranger or Friend a recommended read. You won't be disappointed."

http://www.amazon.com/Stranger-Friend...

message 8: by April (new)

April Wilson (aprilwilson) Vaughn wrote: "I've just published a new fiction book (Fidelio's Automata, an adventure in the steampunk genre) and I'm trying to decided whether I should enroll in Kindle Select.
If I want to do $0.99 promotions..."

Hi, Vaughn

You do not have to be in Select to do a promotion. If you are not in Select, you can price your book from .99 cents and up (I forget the upper limit). You can change your price (I don't recall any limitations on how often you can do this).

There are two primary reasons to be in Select:

1. You get more royalty per book sold. In Select, you get 70% royalty per book sold. If not in Select, you only get 35% royalty.

2. If you are in Select, your book is available for readers to read for FREE through Kindle Unlimited. If a reader reads your book for free through KU, you get paid for every page they read (we're not sure of the exact price paid per page read - we should know that later this week, but the estimate I've seen is half-a-center, or 0.005, per page read) - this really adds up. I make more money on a book read through KU than on a book sold - if that's true for you depends on your page count. About 75% of my traffic comes from KU, so it's highly valuable to me. I'm in Select and don't really want to leave.

3. The downside to being in Select is that you cannot list your book for sale electronically through any other vendor, including your own website. You can sell it in print, though, anywhere you want.

At least that's how I understand it. I'm new. I published my first book just five weeks ago.

April

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Rain of Terror (other topics)
Wilder (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Donna Cummins (other topics)