Write, Wrote, Written discussion

Kamiko's Writing > If Yesterday Could Speak

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 1125 comments So, I was entering this contest, and so I used one of the titles from Ruby's topic to write this. It's a little weird, and this'll be the only chapter, but tell we what you think.

They don't know. They will never know. They'll never understand. They live in their own little world, to consumed to notice the monsters around them. They're to busy being wrapped in their insignificant lives to see, to see.

The thing is, though, they aren't wrapped up in their lives so much that they can't see me. My parents. My friends. Everyone around me refuses to open their eyes and look, but they easily look at me. They easily point out the monster in me.

Maybe I am a monster. Maybe I am insane. Perhaps they have good reason to do what they are doing. Perhaps they aren't lying. Perhaps they are doing this for my own good. The only thing I can't fool myself into thinking is that those monsters aren't real.

They are. They are definitely here, watching, lurking, hiding. I cannot deny it, but they can deny it. They somehow manage to expel the monsters. I wish I knew how.

I close my eyes, and open them, only to scream once again. They are here. They're everywhere. Placing me in solitary confinement hasn't done much good for me, has it?

I scream and I scream. No one comes to get me. Once again, they are too wrapped up in their own worlds, destroying anyone in their path. I do not know who I am talking about. Whether it's the ones too wrapped up in there own worlds, or the monsters, who knows. There are monsters inside of everyone, that is the reason I am here in the first place.

The people around me just realized that I have a little more monster in me that they do. They fear me, as I fear the monsters oozing out of the people, coming to haunt me, and only me.

I close me eyes, willing it all away, but they are there, in my head, too.

The tears stream down my face. I sleep, trying to find a way to escape it all.

Even in sleep, I do not find respite.

"MAKE THEM GO AWAY!" I scream at my mother.

She backs away, her hands flying to her mouth as she fights back a sob.

I claw at the walls, screaming and sobbing, trying. I don't know what I'm trying to do, but I have to do something.

"Sarah!" my mother sobs. "It's not real. It's okay! There's nothing there."

Her words strike something deep within me. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN, THERE'S NOTHING THERE?" I roar. "HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THEM? THEY'RE EVERYWHERE. HOW?"

My father comes bounding in, a look of fear in his face. He takes in our expressions, my desperate look, my mother's fear.

That is the last thing I can recollect, because the monsters are already eating away at my brain. My sanity is gone. My fear has not begun to recede, despite the fact that my sanity has long perished.

This time without contact has given me time to think, whenever they are not here.

Where did they come from? Why are they perturbing just me? I try to convince myself that my curiosity and my recognition of my problems, must mean that I have an ounce of lucidity, but I fear that a madman does not think they are mad. Or they just do not wish to be.

After all, the monsters are only seen by me, heard by me, feared by me. They only bother me. I do not sound out of my mind when I think, I do sound insane when they are around, and other times, not.

After long moments of contemplating. I come to one conclusion.

I go back to my previous thoughts. The monsters aren't real monsters. They are, but they come from real people. They are the evil inside man. And I can only see them because the evil inside of me is more prominent.

I am insane.

message 2: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) | 2486 comments Mod
O.M.G.

That is like amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The imagery - the words - the feeling -

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 3: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 1125 comments Thanks!!!

message 4: by Ravanna Dee (new)

Ravanna Dee (ravannadee) WOW!