Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Book/Author/Series/Genre > Need help finding a book!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 5 comments The main character returns home after an incident that the town blames her for, where members of the football team were hurt. She comes back to help her cousin after an injury. I believe it's the fire chief that is fighting an attraction to her. Other characters are the police chiefs girlfriend, Grace, the only name from the book I remember. The aunt and uncle where she stays to help cousin. They seem to rent out rooms. A musician that the mc has worked in music videos for. I remember towards the end there was a class reunion, she didn't want to go to.

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23001 comments Good luck Dawn - I am not familiar with this at all!

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 5 comments Thanks. I think this must have been in paperback. I've spent a lot of time searching and haven't come up with anything

message 4: by Ladybug (new)

Ladybug | 158 comments I'm looking for historical romance. I read it couple of years ago but I can't remember the title or the author. It's happening during the colonial wars. The main characters are British aristocrat and american girl who has a talent for deciphering and remembering messages. She has a brother who is with down syndrome and she is taking care of him. The British aristocrat( I think he is a Duke) lost his brother in the war and he wants revenge against the american spy responsible for his death. When he finds that the spy is actually a girl, he takes her and her brother to England. The rest you know, they fall in love and marry...

message 5: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline | 6 comments So I read a book some long time ago but totally forgot to mark it down on my goodreads account. I remember vaguely the whole plot but maybe you guys know it if not that's ok but you know that feeling when you can't recall something but its like right there. Any who its a romance book based on Italian alpha millionaire/billionaire who those a marriage agreement with the secretary/friend who he takes to meet family in Italy. Sicilian I believe they are set to marry over there since she got pregnant there is another woman who everyone thought he was going to marry since they were engaged before or dating. The whole family meets and are a little cold towards her since she is not Italian. She goes out with the cousin of her fiancé on a yellow sports car to distract her since the fiancé has been forgetting her and spending to much time with the ex. He was speeding and the fear almost caused her to have a miscarriage but was prevented. The name of the lead guy keeps going towards Dante or Alejandro but not so sure. The cousin is max. If you can help awesome but if not that's okay.

message 6: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20986 comments Is the girl English Jackie? Sounds very mills & boon/harlequin and I feel I've read something similar but about 20 years ago ;)

message 7: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline | 6 comments Frankly I'm not sure but feels like an Elizabeth Lennox type of book I've been looking through her books but nothing rings a bell a few close calls but nope

message 8: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20986 comments Hmmm. They are members here who are way better at this than me, but I'll have a look anyway at some the books that I thought of if I can remember the author... (I know the books I read 20 years ago are not on my shelves so the poor old brain will have to kick in;)

message 9: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline | 6 comments That's fine, and actually books back then are coming back. Goodreads was a good invention for us readers don't you think