What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance with redeemed heroine [s]

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melina19 (new)

Melina19 | 12 comments Hi,
about 4 years ago (I don't know when it was published) I read a historical novel about a second chance romance. The heroine of the book was once a very spoiled brat who thought that was in love with the man her sister loved. She slept with the hero and then accused him of raping her to gain attention but when her family found out she was disowned (all this I think happens in the book before the one I am searching). After years of hardship and realising her mistakes the heroine is a changed woman who lives and works as a nurse to a monastery during a war. The hero is brought injured and he is temporarily blind or his eyes are covered due to his injury (I don't really remember). She realises who he is but doesn't tell him because she is ashamed of what she did. The hero slowly fall in love with the woman who nurses him without realising that it is the girl he hates. Something else I remember is that the heroine was pregnant with the hero's child when she got disowned without knowing, she gave birth under poor conditions and the child died.
That's all I remember, I hope there is someone who knows what I am talking about, I've been searching for this book for ages. Thanks for the help!

message 2: by Ruzza (new)

Ruzza | 302 comments I've no idea what this is but I want to read it. Hope you find it :)

message 3: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2427 comments Any idea of the time frame or country? Which war?

message 4: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Melina19 wrote: "Hi,
about 4 years ago (I don't know when it was published) I read a historical novel about a second chance romance. The heroine of the book was once a very spoiled brat who thought that was in love..."

Your described book is good that I want to read it to I found a blog with a list of redeeming heroines. Can you have look and see if its one of them and i'll keep looking to.

http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com...

message 5: by Melina19 (new)

Melina19 | 12 comments Juels wrote: "Any idea of the time frame or country? Which war?"

I am not sure about the time but I believe it was sometime in the 19th century. The story took place in England but because the war didn't have a huge impact on the story I don't remember which one it was.

message 6: by Melina19 (new)

Melina19 | 12 comments Sönïa wrote: "Melina19 wrote: "Hi,
about 4 years ago (I don't know when it was published) I read a historical novel about a second chance romance. The heroine of the book was once a very spoiled brat who thought..."

Thanks for the list, there are some books I'd like to read from there but unfortunately none of them is the one I am looking for!

message 7: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Melina19 wrote: "Sönïa wrote: "Melina19 wrote: "Hi,
about 4 years ago (I don't know when it was published) I read a historical novel about a second chance romance. The heroine of the book was once a very spoiled br..."

Melina did you ever review the book? Maybe if you have you might have it on goodreads read list or on amazon ?

message 8: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Melina is the hero a lord or in the army ? How did he get injured what did he injured . Is authors a famous or common historical author. I'm sorry for asking so many questions but the problem is since I read your description of the book I can't get it out of my mind. I can't imagine how you feel since you've read the bloody book.

message 9: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments For example

Christiana Dodd
Mary Jo Putney
Robyn Carr
Anne Stuart

message 11: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments SparksofEmber wrote: "Possibly A Passion Redeemed? A Passion Redeemed (Daughters of Boston, #2) by Julie Lessman"

Nope just checked it out, thanks for the help but the heroine is a nurse . Well that's what Melina19 says and I checked your link I can't find a single review that states the heroine's a nurse. I checked the first book too but came with the same results. Oh well the search still goes on I'm gonna go crazy.

message 12: by Melina19 (new)

Melina19 | 12 comments Sönïa wrote: "Melina is the hero a lord or in the army ? How did he get injured what did he injured . Is authors a famous or common historical author. I'm sorry for asking so many questions but the problem is si..."

Sönïa I read this book years ago and it's still stuck in my head!!! I've been searching for months now but I can't find it anywhere and I am getting really frustrated. I don't know who the author is, the only thing I remember is the plot. The hero is definitely a lord of some kind but I do believe he got hurt in a war. I don't remember the exact injury but it was to his head which caused him to either be temporarily blind or have his eyes bandaged. As for the heroine she might not be exactly a nurse but she does help the nuns take care of the injured. Sorry I can't help more, the only thing I can do is write what I remember of the book before the one we are searching if you think that would help!

message 13: by Melina19 (new)

Melina19 | 12 comments SparksofEmber wrote: "Possibly A Passion Redeemed? A Passion Redeemed (Daughters of Boston, #2) by Julie Lessman"

Thanks for the help but it is not the one I am looking for!

message 14: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments What do you mean by - Sorry I can't help more, the only thing I can do is write what I remember of the book before the one we are searching if you think that would help! and melina19 you might need to put in the top description that the heroine helped nuns who healed the patients .

message 15: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 545 comments Did you read the book on Kindle or as paperback?
If you read it as a paperback, how old is the book? Is it from the 70s, 80s, 90s or post 2000?

Do you remember the cover?

message 16: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Try this list ⤵

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3...

I tried Googling everything from heroine seducing hero , redeeming heroine, nursing hero but nothing is coming up?.

message 17: by Ruzza (new)

Ruzza | 302 comments I remember one book were the heroine became a nurse after the hero went to war. (view spoiler)
I can look it up.

message 18: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1199 comments Ruzza wrote: "I remember one book were the heroine became a nurse after the hero went to war. [spoilers removed]
I can look it up."

Think that one is a Teresa Mederios book, Yours Until Dawn maybe?

message 19: by Ruzza (new)

Ruzza | 302 comments Aerulan wrote: "Ruzza wrote: "I remember one book were the heroine became a nurse after the hero went to war. [spoilers removed]
I can look it up."

Think that one is a Teresa Mederios book, [book:Yours Until Dawn..."

Yeah :)). So glad you knew the title. I was just looking for it through my library and having no luck.

message 20: by Sönïa (last edited Aug 08, 2015 09:23AM) (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Ruzza wrote: "Aerulan wrote: "Ruzza wrote: "I remember one book were the heroine became a nurse after the hero went to war. [spoilers removed]
I can look it up."

Think that one is a Teresa Mederios book, [book:..."

So glad you found your book . I just hope we find the book with description melina19 described.

message 21: by Ruzza (new)

Ruzza | 302 comments Oh I was looking for it just because it had a few parts similar to what Melina19's book. Thanks anyway. I want to read the book from the description so bad.

message 22: by Melina19 (new)

Melina19 | 12 comments Sönïa wrote: "Try this list ⤵

I tried Googling everything from heroine seducing hero , redeeming heroine, nursing hero but nothing i..."

I saw the list but none of the books seems to be the one we are looking for. Also what I meant before is that the book we are searshing belongs in a series of books. Everything bad that the heroine does happens in the previous book where her sister is the protagonist.

message 23: by Melina19 (new)

Melina19 | 12 comments Ruzza wrote: "Oh I was looking for it just because it had a few parts similar to what Melina19's book. Thanks anyway. I want to read the book from the description so bad."

Thanks for looking! I read Yours Until Dawn before and I really liked it but it is not the one I search for.

message 24: by Melina19 (new)

Melina19 | 12 comments JennyG wrote: "Did you read the book on Kindle or as paperback?
If you read it as a paperback, how old is the book? Is it from the 70s, 80s, 90s or post 2000?

Do you remember the cover?"

I do know for sure that it was not a paperback and I don't believe it was very old. Maybe between late 90s to 2013.

message 25: by Ruzza (new)

Ruzza | 302 comments Havre you tried posting in a historical romance group? The one I know is this one: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group.... There may be other groups on here. It can't hurt.

message 26: by Melina19 (new)

Melina19 | 12 comments Ruzza wrote: "Havre you tried posting in a historical romance group? The one I know is this one: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group.... There may be other groups on here. It can't hurt."

Thanks for the idea! I didn't even think about it!!! I just posted there and now I'm waiting to see if anything comes up.

message 27: by Ruzza (new)

Ruzza | 302 comments I so hope someone solves this. I'm going now to follow your other post as well :)) I just came up with the idea since I'm trying to post there now as well. It just doesn't let me. It's really furstrating.

message 28: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1199 comments Melina, you might take a look through this listopia too, it sounds like your book would fit on it
Best Second Chance Romance

message 29: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Melina19 wrote: "Sönïa wrote: "Try this list ⤵

I tried Googling everything from heroine seducing hero , redeeming heroine, nursing hero..."

So do you remember the other series? Or have you ever reviewed a few series that you have read in the past?. What I mean is I myself tend to read a book or series then review it on goodreads or amazon? So if you have reviewed then it would be on the list. Do you remember if you borrowed the book from library or friend?. If you have kindle or kobo etc maybe its on that?

message 30: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Melina19 I posted your description and a reader suggested ⤵⤵

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Its a series but I'm not sure if its the book because everyone reviewing it keeps mentioning a "twist" but no one is stating clearly what it is because they don't want to spoil the book. I checked the book before that and it seems it might be related but the author has described the book very vaguely.

message 31: by Ruzza (last edited Aug 09, 2015 06:39AM) (new)

Ruzza | 302 comments Sönïa wrote: "Melina19 I posted your description and a reader suggested ⤵⤵

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Its a series but I'm not sure if its the book because everyone review..."

I'm sorry to disappoint you but this definitely not it. I suggested it above knowing it only partly match the description in the post and Melina19 said it wasn't it. I think the twist that everyone talks about is (view spoiler).

message 32: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments I don't know I just thought maybe we were looking at the book description wrong way . Meaning because in yours until dawn description it's mentioned first off that the guy is injuried and the heroine helps him . That we are discarding the book thinking there isn't any sister or the heroine seduction mentioned. Oh I don't know hopelessness is not my best liked virtues.

message 33: by Melina19 (new)

Melina19 | 12 comments Sönïa wrote: "Melina19 wrote: "Sönïa wrote: "Try this list ⤵

I tried Googling everything from heroine seducing hero , redeeming hero..."

I looked at my amazon reviews but I didn't find it. The first thing I did was to look through my kindle but I didn't find it there so I may have read it through someone else but I don't remember. I am starting to think that I just dreamed the whole thing!!!

message 34: by Ruzza (new)

Ruzza | 302 comments Take a look at this list: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1... Maybe you'll get lucky and it's in there :)

message 35: by Melina19 (new)

Melina19 | 12 comments I finally found it!!! I was just googling things randomly and it popped up!
It is Love Comes Blindly by Marie Higgins.
Thanks for all the help! I hope you'll like it!

message 36: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34379 comments Mod
Great, glad you found your book! Love Comes Blindly by Marie Higgins for the link.

message 37: by Sönïa (last edited Aug 10, 2015 04:55AM) (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Yes yes yesssssssssssssssss

http://media.giphy.com/media/XWKrUYz1...

Thank fucken god , thanks Melina19 finally we got our insanity back lol

message 38: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Melina19 wrote: "I finally found it!!! I was just googling things randomly and it popped up!
It is Love Comes Blindly by Marie Higgins.
Thanks for all the help! I hope you'll like it!"

We don't have to read the previous book do we ???

message 39: by Ruzza (last edited Aug 10, 2015 05:07AM) (new)

Ruzza | 302 comments No Sonia. I already read it. It's very short.

message 40: by Melina19 (new)

Melina19 | 12 comments Sönïa wrote: "Yes yes yesssssssssssssssss

http://media.giphy.com/media/XWKrUYz1...

Thank fucken god , thanks Melina19 finally we got our insanity back lol"

I know exactly how you feel!!!
I think it would be better if you at least read the third book of the series first because many things that happen there affect the story. I hope you'll like it!