Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) Red Queen discussion

I have a question . . .

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

HermioneGranger So I'm writing a book and in the book there are two different groups of people: the Shadows and the Lights (still rethinking the wording on the last one). In the book, they do have differently colored blood (silver for the Lights, black for the Shadows). The Shadows are kind of the minority, but both groups have powers, each as powerful as the next.

Is this too much like Red Queen?

message 2: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe If they both seem to have powers that seems pretty cool and different from Red Queen.

TS Eliot said "Good poets borrow, great poets steal" as a stealing (lol) of Picasso's "Good artists borrow, great artists steal"

With these quotes, everything about literature, everything about art- all of it is reused and recycled to no end. The idea of two races of people, one being slaves, one being the more elite type-- that idea is used over continuously in literature. (maybe because it's an actual thing in society. Euro vs every indigenous race it colonized. Whites vs african americans. Ants even have slaves) so like the idea is not new. Just because it's a little similar to Red Queen with the whole two races have different blood, doesn't really mean you're taking it or anything.

I'm sure it's totally fine ^^

Sophie I agree if they both have powers it is different and most ideas under the sun have already been reused at least twice but red queen is probably going to be quite a big series and I know I'd hate it if people compared my work to someone else's.

message 4: by KLoD (new) - added it

KLoD I guess the power must been different like good and bad. Its not a bad thing .. anyway its not like the red queen, maybe just a bit... Don't mind it. Just write :D

TheBohemianBookworm Monte wrote: "HermioneGranger wrote: "So I'm writing a book and in the book there are two different groups of people: the Shadows and the Lights (still rethinking the wording on the last one). In the book, they ..."

Wow. I am obviously not the person this was directed towards but I think a lot of writers could benefit from this. Thanks.

Lexi HermioneGranger wrote: "So I'm writing a book and in the book there are two different groups of people: the Shadows and the Lights (still rethinking the wording on the last one). In the book, they do have differently colo..."

It sounds like an awesome book. I would totally read it. Also, who cares if it sounds a little bit like another book? Just use your own voice and, trust me, it will end up your own.