SNA Y8.02 (2015-2016) discussion

Assignment > Week 3 Character Analysis

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nurr (new)

Nurr Shahidna | 24 comments Mod
Write about one character in your storybook.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Dolphin Music (Cambridge English Readers Level 5) by Antoinette Moses

I've just read this book called 'Dolphin Music', written by Antoinette Moses. This is a very interesting book for me since dolphin was one of my favourite mammals. But when i read the book, it's not what i had expected it to be. This book tells about the future and a world controlled by computers where dolphins was being killed and hurt to make them sing. They sang a very beautiful song.

The character i did not like the most was Captain Marrs. He is the person who threatened dolphins by hurting and killing them to make them sing. He is so evil that he wanted all the things he hated to disappear. For example, he hated the forest that he wanted to burn them all down. Another example was that he hated terrorist and he wanted all of them to be killed. One thing that i did not like about him was that he was so evil. But in the end, he died and he deserves what he did.

If you want to know why i don't like him, you should read the book since i recommend this book.

message 3: by Ancilla.M (new)

Ancilla.M | 15 comments Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope
I read 'Barchester towers', a classic novel by Anthony Trollope. This book has quite a lot of main characters with different personalities. I can't decide which is my favorite characters so I will tell about my least favorite.
I don't like Mr.Slope. He is too ambitious and very sly. Firs he teamed up with Mrs. Proudie so they could enforce new rules and be powerful. But when he saw that someone else was winning he joined the other candidate, so he was being unfair. He even wanted to marry Eleanor, a naive daughter of a rich man just so he can be rich. This really disgusted me. And I'm glad that in the end he didn't get anything. Serves him right.

message 4: by Ian (new)

Ian | 23 comments Better Late Than Never (Cambridge Readers Level 5 Upper Intermediate) by J.M. Newsome
my favourite characther in this book is zaphira bakkal she is sixteen yars old live in egypt. i like her because she is a brave girl, we can see it from how she attacks the guard to escape. she is also considerate, she risks her safety to help anika to clean and cover her wound, she is a strong girl, she attacks and hits stronger male to escape and save her life. she is temeramental, she gets angry easily

message 5: by Reuben (new)

Reuben Chiang | 12 comments The Sugar Glider Level 5
I just read a book called Sugar Glider. The book was interesting.
I am going talk about the main character of the story Sugar Glider called Don. His full name is Don Radcliffe and his profession is a pilot who likes old planes. But his job and hobby made him to have a sad life.
Don will always fly planes and will never have time for his family. His family consists of his daughter, Judy and his wife, Sylvia. I do not like him is because he did not put his family to his first priority. He was also divorced to his wife, Sylvia because of this.
We should not follow Don because our family is our first priority.

message 6: by Teresa (last edited Aug 12, 2015 05:52AM) (new)

Teresa A | 16 comments Cold Comfort Farm
I have finished reading this book called 'Cold Comfort Farm' by Stella Gibbons. It was interesting though it has some inappropriate content so I do not recommend it.
I would like to talk about the main character, Flora Poste. At first, I did not like her that much as she did not feel really sad when her parents, whom she rarely even met with, passed away. She had to live with her relatives after her parents' death as she did not really know how to work. I started to like her when she went to live at Cold Comfort Farm with her relatives. Flora usually stays polite even when people annoy her. She also has a slightly scary intuition and can tell what people are like before she even meets them. She is a neat freak and tidies up her relatives' farm, but not only did she clean up their home, she tidied up their whole lives! She helped everyone live happy lives and achieve their dreams. Although she is not my favourite character, she is still an amazing character who changed the lives of those who met her.

message 7: by Sien (new)

Sien | 10 comments Murder by Art 5 Upper Intermediate with Audio CDs (3) Level 5 (Cambridge English Readers) by Janet McGiffin I just read this book called ‘Murder by Art’ by Janet Mcgiffin. For me this book was interesting and I am going to tell about the main character of this story. Her name is Dr. Maxine Cassidy; her profession is a doctor who works at Mercy Hospital ER and she is a hardworking young lady. So one day, a woman dies mysteriously in the hospital and a famous artist is killed at the opening of an exhibition of his work. Dr Maxine Cassidy feels sure that there must be a connection between them so she sets out to find it.

message 8: by Wienda (new)

Wienda Nurhanie | 17 comments I read a book called 'In the shadow of the mountain' by Helen Naylor. I don't really have a favourite character in this book but i'm just gonna talk about the main character. The main character in this story is named Clare Newton. She is a 46 years old woman, divorces and lives in London. She is also a journalist. Clare newton is an efficient person as when she was young, she used to organise her toys.
She had to go to her Switzerland because she got a call that her grandfathers body was found in a mountain. So when she was on that trip she would discover more about her family's pat

message 9: by Wienda (new)

Wienda Nurhanie | 17 comments I read a book called 'In the shadow of the mountain' by Helen Naylor. I don't really have a favourite character in this book but i'm just gonna talk about the main character. The main character in this story is named Clare Newton. She is a 46 years old woman, divorces and lives in London. She is also a journalist. Clare newton is an efficient person as when she was young, she used to organise her toys.
She had to go to her Switzerland because she got a call that her grandfathers body was found in a mountain. So when she was on that trip she would discover more about her family's pat

message 10: by Wienda (new)

message 11: by Jason29 (new)

Jason29 | 16 comments Death in the Dojo (Cambridge English Readers Level 5) by Sue Leather
One of the characters I like in the book is Kate Jensen. She is an intelligent reporter, and is investigating a crime that involves a karate master, Kawaguchi, who was killed mysteriously with one punch to his gut. Her father was a boxer in his early age, but his career was disrupted by the world war, thus he became a reporter.Kate was taught how to fight by her dad when she was still young. Once, she got a punching bag as a present and she loves it. But despite being taught how to fight as a boxer, she prefers karate. She really likes how karate can let herself feel peace and serenity. She then became a reporter following her dad's footsteps. If you want to know more about her, then you should read this book.

Michellechartanto | 19 comments The book that I've read is called cry freedom, its an amazing book to read. This book is about black people and white people. The character that i like is steve biko, because he isnt ashamed to be one of the black people. Not only that, steve biko is a kind and helpful person so i would reccomend this book to everyone.

Michellechartanto | 19 comments The book that I've read is called cry freedom, its an amazing book to read. This book is about black people and white people. The character that i like is steve biko, because he isnt ashamed to be one of the black people. Not only that, steve biko is a kind and helpful person so i would reccomend this book to everyone.

message 14: by JasmineF (new)

JasmineF | 20 comments I read the book "Decline & Fall" and I had no favourite character. The story is complicated for me to understand. It's about a person that studied in Oxford, got drunk and got kicked out of the school. I don't recommend this book because it is so boring I almost slept.

message 15: by Alin (new)

Alin Kinan (caratskk982) | 12 comments The Fly And Other Horror Stories by John Escott i read "The Fly. I don't really like the story because it's not even a horror story. Not fun at all. Andrè is one of the character. In my opinion he's so dumb like what for he does that if it can harm himself. And the story is very very boring. It's not scary at all. It's disgusting.

message 16: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Anggraini | 42 comments I read the book'deadheads' it was so confusing and i can't tell who kill who because it is way too complicated to understand.
Patrick alderman is a calm and pleasent man who have 1 wife and 2 children.

message 17: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Anggraini | 42 comments I read the book'deadheads' it was so confusing and i can't tell who kill who because it is way too complicated to understand.

message 18: by Silvia (new)

message 19: by Silvia (new)

message 20: by Silvia (new)

message 21: by Silvia (new)

message 22: by Silvia (new)

message 23: by Emily (new)

Emily Huang | 11 comments American Crime Stories hello class! I have read this book called American Crime Stories retold by John Escot and I would like to talk about one of the characters from tge first out of even stories, Mark(I do not know his full name). Markmis a cunning man that would do whatever he can do to gain self-pleasure. Mark in the first story, Death Wish, disguised himself as another man, Edward Wright, who had killed the woman he loved. He ruined the man's reputation and killed him leaving no trace behind, making people think that he actually commited suicidw. However, despite his unpleasant behaviour, he is shown to have affection and a sense to protect the person he lovws. He is also cunning for the fact that after cillingntge man, he made the crime-scene evidenceless that he killed Edward and mad people thnk that Edward had commited suicide. He even forced the man to write a suicide note

message 24: by Travis (new)

Travis Wijaya | 32 comments The character that I chose is Malcolm Jaggard and he is a spycatcher. He is a servant of the politicians and he is hard tough and intelligent and he wants to marry Perry Ashton, a scientist, and the daughter of the scientist George Ashton.

message 25: by Wilbert (last edited Aug 13, 2015 06:29AM) (new)

Wilbert | 26 comments Emergency Murder Level 5 by Janet McGiffin Emergency murder- the character i chose is Nanette Myer and she is dead. She was Hank's Myer and he is a surgeon. She is dead. I kinda like this book Emergency Murder Level 5 because its full of mystery and I would rate it a 3.5/5

message 26: by Winston (new)

Winston | 16 comments I read a book called 'Forget to remember', writen by Alan Mary. It is about an 79 year old woman called Sarah Mortons who had been taken care by her family.

My favourite character is Cindy Ogilvie because she is willing to sacrifise her time to take care of her grandma, so that her mother have time to go to work. Even though she is a dropout and an ex-drug addict, she was able to make progress again in the end.

message 27: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Anggraini | 42 comments I dont like.

message 28: by Silvia (new)

message 29: by Silvia (new)

message 30: by Silvia (new)

message 31: by Winston (new)

Winston | 16 comments Silvia wrote: "I dont like."

???