SNA Y7.02 (2015-2016) discussion

Assignment > Week 3: Character Analysis

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nurr (new)

Nurr Shahidna | 23 comments Mod
Describe one character in the story. Be ready to present for 2 minutes in class.

message 2: by Natashatjahajo (new)

Natashatjahajo | 27 comments hi

message 3: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 31 comments My character is Vicky Warshawski from the book Deadlock. She is a strong and good-looking private detective and she is also a perseverent woman. In the story, her cousin Boom Boom (that is her cousin's name) died and everybody thought it was an accident, however, Vicky kept insisting that it was murder and she never gave up on solving the puzzle. She is very determined to help people and is also very intelligent. She shows good personality traits in the book, and i hope all of u will learn some postitive things from Vicky's character. Deadlock (V.I. Warshawski, #2) by Sara Paretsky

message 4: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 31 comments I found the cover - u guys hv to change to desktop mode ( just saying for people who doesn't know).

message 5: by KevokevoMC (last edited Aug 12, 2015 04:26AM) (new)

KevokevoMC | 13 comments ***********************************************************************************

King's Ransom (87th Precinct #10) by Ed McBain My character is bobby king from the book Kings Ransom. He is a kind little character. In the book, his driver's son wich was also his best friend was kidnapped by crooks and the crooks ought that he was bobby so then, the asked bobby's dad for a ransom of $500000 and instead of paying for it, his dad worked with the police and fought the crooks.He shows good personality traits in the book, and i hope all of you learn positive things from bobby's character

*****************************************************************************************

message 6: by Albert (new)

Albert | 30 comments My charcter is Hu Jian Ming is seventeen years old girl who studied at Bangkok International Academy. She is from China. She is a hard worker girl who dreamed become a doctor to treat sick people around the world. She is an open minded person who like to study hard for exams, assignment and difficult challenges. She loves her father. Because of that he give presents to her .She is a positive thinker too. Nothing But the Truth (Cambridge English Readers Level 4) by George Kershaw

message 7: by Natashatjahajo (new)

Natashatjahajo | 27 comments i read a book called far from the madding crowd and my character is Bathsheba everdene she is a young woman,proud,and beautiful.she is an independent woman and can marry any man she choose if she is chooses.in fact,she likes her independence,and she likes fighting her own battles in a man's world.she never wise to ignore the power of love.there are three men who would like to marry her.when she falls in love with one of them,she soon wishes she had kept her independence.she learns that love brings misery,pain,and violent passions that can destroy lives.

message 8: by Thalia (new)

Thalia | 18 comments My character's name is Jeeve. He is a very kind , respectful ,intelligent , calm and knows the answer to every problem . He is a valet and has a mater called " Bertie " and since Bertie ALWAYS gets into trouble, Jeeve will be there to help. He also don't frequently smile a lot and a long the way to his journey ,Jeeve will always make friends . To Bertie, Jeeve is the perfect gentleman's personal gentleman.

message 9: by Thalia (new)

Thalia | 18 comments My character's name is Jeeve. He is a very kind , respectful ,intelligent , calm and knows the answer to every problem . He is a valet and has a mater called " Bertie " and since Bertie ALWAYS gets into trouble, Jeeve will be there to help. He also don't frequently smile a lot and a long the way to his journey ,Jeeve will always make friends . To Bertie, Jeeve is the perfect gentleman's personal gentleman.

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Brandie | 13 comments I read a book called ghost stories, I find this book very interesting. In the story, there are many characters but I don't have a favorite character. But the most important person in the story is Tony Jackson, he was the one who told the story and explained the rules of the game they were playing in the story. I think that the writer should have given more roles for the other characters to improve and make the story more interesting.

message 11: by Thalia (new)

Thalia | 18 comments Ooooppps sorry probably I click it twice

message 12: by Thalia (new)

Thalia | 18 comments Ooooppps sorry probably I click it twice

message 13: by Derrick (new)

Derrick | 22 comments I read a book called heat and dust. it is a story about a woman called olivia which took place in the 1920's.She is a pretty woman who recently moved to india-bombay, specifically.This took place when india was controlled by the brits. She is a woman who arrives with no picture of life in india.moving to satipur,she had a rough life.no bed,no chair and no table. The only person she knew during this time was her husband douglas. They show persistence as they have to adapt to life like never before.

message 14: by Derrick (new)

Derrick | 22 comments I read a book called heat and dust. it is a story about a woman called olivia which took place in the 1920's.She is a pretty woman who recently moved to india-bombay, specifically.This took place when india was controlled by the brits. She is a woman who arrives with no picture of life in india.moving to satipur,she had a rough life.no bed,no chair and no table. The only person she knew during this time was her husband douglas. They show persistence as they have to adapt to life like never before.

message 15: by Derrick (new)

message 16: by Derrick (new)

message 17: by Derrick (new)

message 18: by Nicholas.N.G (new)

Nicholas.N.G | 12 comments I read this book called I,Robot.It is about human trying to make artificial intellegence robots.This character that i chose is Mike Donovan.He and his partner Powell,was sent to outer space to get information,rocks,etc.But as this robot name Cutie didn't believe that they,Donovan and Powell created him,but he that the 'Master',created him.I think this is a very interesting book.I recommend this book.

I rate 4/5 stars I, Robot: Short Stories

message 19: by Regina (new)

Regina | 15 comments My character is Heathcliff from the book Wuthering Heights. He is a stubborn, bitter and a kind of person who likes to get angry with other people. However, he is such a passionate man and he loves and cares of Catherine (The daughter of Earnshaw )deeply. Since Earnshaw died, Hindley (The son of Earnshaw) was the master of the house and he dislike both Catherine nor Heathcliff. Heathcliff life become miserable because he was made to work not to continue his studies.

message 20: by Sabina (new)

Sabina Tannady | 15 comments I read a book called Great Expectations and it was a great book.My favorite character is Pip, he is a very honest,kind and he rarely tells lies.The most about what i like about his character is that he is very friendly and that he hardly gets influenced by others.

message 21: by Marco (new)

Marco Sie | 12 comments i recently read the great gatsby and personally i can relate to Jay gatsby, who is very shallow and thinks about the rewards without doing the hard things to reach it, but can be pushed to do great things with the proper typer and amount of motivation. I am happy to have read the book

message 22: by Arbormon123 (new)

Arbormon123 | 18 comments I read a book called this rough magic by Mary Stewart. My favorite character was the old man in the story as he was very mysterious and hard to discover. I think he is a very fun character to read as he keeps us in a lot of suspense. I rate this book 4/5 stars.
This Rough Magic by Mary Stewart

message 23: by Ciaxhartono (new)

Ciaxhartono | 13 comments This week i got the book "The Lady In White". For me this book is not "that" fascinating since the story is predictable and there's almost no mystery added. I picked the Main Character called ... Since for me he is pretty brave because he wanted to go search the ghost that everyone was talking about, alone. But in the end when he met "The Lady In White", he was afraid and he scrambled back home. So far this book is not so good, for those who likes mystery wouldn't like this book "that" much.

So far i rate this book 2.5/5