2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE - General > Reading a book twice, does it count?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penny (new)

Penny | 26 comments Hello everybody! I have a question about the reading challenge. Does a book count towards your challenge if you have read it previously?

The reason I am asking is because I am wanting to re-read a few books that i have read before. The Lord of the Rings being one of them.

Many Thanks

message 2: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 1083 comments Yes it does. Just make sure when you mark it completed that you change the date you read it to the 2014 date. You can put the date you previously read it in the comments.

message 3: by Penny (new)

Penny | 26 comments Brilliant! Thank you!

message 4: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 1083 comments yw

message 5: by ABookGirl1 (new)

ABookGirl1 Here's a quick question...I read with my children every night. Sometimes the books are new but mostly they are repeats. Would you count books read with your children? I'm leaning towards yes, but would like to know everyone's opinion.

message 6: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments BookGirl, that's totally up to you! I know there are a couple members that keep track of books that they read with their children and books they read on their own separately in their reading challenge thread. If you would rather keep them all together, that's fine too.

message 7: by ABookGirl1 (new)

ABookGirl1 Cassandra wrote: "BookGirl, that's totally up to you! I know there are a couple members that keep track of books that they read with their children and books they read on their own separately in their reading challe..."

That's a good idea. I like the idea of counting the children's books, but I want to keep them separate. Easier for me to track! Thanks alot!

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments I found one tip from YouTube. If you pick another edition of a book the write a review (but don't pick switch to this edition) you can to entries for the book. I've been using this for audiobooks that I read the paper versions of years ago and it works well. This way you have both the original date and the new one.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.