Different Seasons Different Seasons discussion

Which is better?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roberto (new) - added it

Roberto Acero This or the Shining?

message 2: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim Swike Being a fan of history and the JFK era I would choose 11/22/63.

Read me two times I can't choose one of these tow. They're so different...novel or short stories? horror or real life? I loved Shining, cause it scary the hell out of me, but I also loved so much every character from the four stories in Different season. How can I not? They are beautifully described and you can suffer or laugh or cry with them. Just as every King's character.

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly Go with Different Seasons; 4 stories are always better than just one.

Praveen Different Seasons.. more specifically The Body.

Charlie I only discovered Shawshank the Stand by me were Stephen King stories after watching the movies and I loved the movies so much. The books then went on to become favourites too but Stand by me (The Body) affected me as a boy and Shawshank affected me as a man. I enjoyed the Shining but it never changed me.

Kressel Housman It's worth reading The Shining when you're at the same stage in life as Stephen King was when he wrote it: a father of little kids.

message 8: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Singleton This has four stories in one!

Carol Thompson The Shining, it's a great story...... plus I'm not personally big on short stories.. Just as soon as you get deep deep in, it's over LOL

Amber four seasons by far it is worth it!

RoseAnn I much prefer Stephen King's short stories to his novels and this particular collection breaks from the typical horror story.

Each story is very well developed and the characters feel true to life.

It's hard to narrow down to a favorite within the collection but the three that have been made into movies were well cast and adapted.