Young Adult Roleplay discussion

1x1 Roleplay > Lara and Dreamsonlylast

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (titlesandtea) Hey! What do you want to RP? Are you in the mood for anything in particular?

message 2: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) I'm up for pretty much anything. Just preferably not anime :P Do you have any ideas?

message 3: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (titlesandtea) Have you ever read the Maximum Ride series? I was thinking of something kind of like that…

A couple of kids were taken from their families when they were born and tested on. In this testing, scientists gave them special powers in order to attempt to create a superhuman race. However, when funding for the project runs out, the kids are sent to live in foster homes around America. They grow up unaware of their powers, because the powers do not become prominent until they meet their soulmate (their soul mates are one of the other kids that were experimented on. The scientists made it this way in order to ensure the development of the new race) So let's say that two of the kids, now young adults, find each other and feel this pull towards one another that they can't explain. And then weird things start happening to them as they begin to discover their powers!

message 4: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (titlesandtea) We don't have to do it, it's just something that I came up with haha

message 5: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) It sounds good to me! Do you have a character you want to use? I'd prefer to be a girl, but I don't mind being the guy either :)

message 6: by Kristin (last edited Feb 13, 2014 01:13PM) (new)

Kristin (titlesandtea) We can do doubles, so we can both be girls, if you don't mind doing that! If it's too much then I can be the guy

message 7: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Doubles sounds good to me :) Do you have characters you want to use?

message 8: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (titlesandtea) Nope, I haven't made any yet. I don't really like making detailed characters, actually… because I feel so constrained to the personalities that I give them that I can't let it develop and I always end up straying away! so I usually just do name, picture, and maybe a little bit of background. :P

message 9: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Yeah, I do the same, so that is ok. Well, let me know when you think of some you would like to use :) I still have to make mine as well :P

message 10: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (titlesandtea) Will do. I'll try to be quick about it :)

message 11: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (titlesandtea) Name: Lucas Porter
Looks: http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9IYpq8CUA...

Name: Magdelene (Maggie) Rennert
Looks: http://wallpapers2u.com/wp-content/up...

message 12: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Name: Josh Samuels
Looks: Sandy blond hair, tall, blue eyes.

Name: Alexa Thompson
Looks: Reddish blonde hair, blue eyes, freckles. Average height.

message 13: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (titlesandtea) Awesome! Are you ready to begin??

message 14: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Sure! Could you start? I am not the greatest at starting... :P

message 15: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (titlesandtea) Yeah!!

message 16: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (titlesandtea) Maggie pulled into her new school's parking lot. Another foster home, another town, another school. She couldn't wait until she was eighteen, then she would be done with this whole system. She took the key out of the ignition and got out of the car. Swinging her black backpack over her shoulder, she made her way into the school and to the front office to pick up her schedule.
((I was thinking that Josh could already go to this school :P ))

Lucas was playing hooky once again during second period. He was ready for his senior year to be over; he just wanted to get out of this place. He had always felt that he was meant for something more than this life, like he had some sort of weird destiny awaiting him. But anyone he ever told this just brushed him off as crazy. It wasn't his fault he felt this way. He had always felt different, like he didn't quite belong.

message 17: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) ((Sure :) ))
Josh walked to his locker as usual and pulled out his books. He locked the locker again before heading down to class one: History. Waltzing inside, he took a seat at his desk a plopped his bag on the floor just as the teacher took his place at the front of the classroom. Josh sighed, another day, another class, life could not be more boring. He was just happy he was graduating this year.

Alexa fiddled with the buttons on her jacket before leaping outside and running down the sidewalk. She was late for school, again. Jogging with her backpack thumping up and down against her, she made it to the school in 8 minutes. That was a record. She couldn't keep arriving late. But school just wasn't her highest priority. She felt like she was meant for something else besides learning.

message 18: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (titlesandtea) ((Sorry I wasn't on today, I was snowboarding :) ))

After receiving the slip of paper stating all of her classes, Maggie was pointed in the direction of her history classroom. Of all the classes available, she didn't understand why she was stuck with history as her social studies elective. History was like pure torture and she would have much rather been in psychology, but that class was completely filled up. Maggie followed the directions the secretary had given her and stood awkwardly in the doorway, waiting for her teacher to notice her.

As Lucas was walking away from the school, he passed a strawberry blonde girl running as fast as she could towards the school. He was amazed at how fast she was running even with a heavy backpack on her shoulders. He turned to watch her and felt, for some reason, the need to follow her. Since when did I get so creepy? he thought. Why did he feel the need to go after her? But he followed his instincts, something he always did and played it off cool, walking slowly back towards the school.

message 19: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) ((No problem :) ))
Josh looked up as a girl entered the doorway. She was obviously new. The teacher turned and nodded at her, indicating that she could take a seat. Josh smiled friendly at her. For some reason, he felt drawn to this girl. He pushed it away as just a strange haunch.

Alexa heard someone walking behind her. She turned and met the gaze of a strange boy. She quickly spun to face forwards again, finding it somewhat awkward to be caught looking at the boy. She walked to her locker and dropped most of her bags off, taking only the ones she needed.

message 20: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (titlesandtea) Maggie made her way to the only desk left open, the one next to the boy who had smiled at her. She smiled weakly back and took a spiral bound notebook and pen out of her bag. Every history class she had ever taken was heavy on the notes, so she was only preparing herself. Maggie looked out of the corner of her eye at the boy next to her. He was cute, no doubt about that, but she was nervous to be around him, and she didn't really know why.

Lucas couldn't follow the girl anymore, she had seen him! He kept calm and collected as he turned down a different hallway where his own locker was. He hadn't brought anything other than a couple of pens and pencils and a single notebook where he wrote everything for every class in, so he didn't every really use his locker.

message 21: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Josh caught the new girl's wary glance and he smiled a little. He felt that feeling again. It was strange, like he was drawn to her. He pushed it off again, "Hey," He whispered, deciding to help make her more at ease. "I'm Josh. What's your name?"

Alexa walked down the hallways and up a set of stairs as fast as she could. She made it into her math class and tried to slide in un-noticed. She slipped into her desk and looked at her books, glancing over at someone else's text to try and find the page they were on.