Ask Factions discussion

Moderators > Moderator Application

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 13, 2014 12:03PM) (new)

Want to become a Mod? Well, lucky you! Just fill out this form and I'll see if you qualify.

About You

Name:
Gender (If not clear)
Do I know you:

Questions

Why do you want to be a Mod:
How many groups have you been a Mod in:
Groups you've been a Mod in:
What would you do to help this group:
Groups currently active in:
How long have your been on Goodreads:

Roleplay

Write a paragraph of roleplay with a character you made up or already have made:

How much do you RP:

Extra:

>>I will be checking with groups you are a Mod in to see how good you are

>>I will ask others about your behavior

»Full sentences!!!!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 13, 2014 01:28PM) (new)

Name:Lilly
Gender (If not clear): FEMALE
Do I know you: MAYBE

Questions

Why do you want to be a Mod: I love making a difference.
How many groups have you been a Mod in: A lot.
Groups you've been a Mod in: I can't count. Do you want me to? Because that would take an incredibly long time and do you really want to read all of that?
What would you do to help this group: I would enforce laws and do whatever head mods want me to. I would try and be the perfect role model. I have high standard and just want to be okay and have fun.
Groups currently active in: IDK. A lot. Escape, Down the Rabbit Hole, We Will Try, Remake Disney, and more. AND HOPES!
How long have your been on Good reads:1 or 2 years. Not on this account. My others got hacked. By my friends who then proceeded to destroy my perfect reputation by posting scandalous comments.

Roleplay

Write a paragraph of role play with a character you made up or already have made: Melody sat up and groaned. Her blue eyes glanced around. She stared over the edge over the building. She took a breath and stepped on the edge. And then jumped. Wind whipped around her as she fell. Her words were stolen by the wind, along with her voice. The ground was coming closer, but she didn't care. All she felt was betrayal. How could he? Why didn't he stop her? Or even explain? Concrete rushing up at her. And then.... She woke up.

How much do you RP: A lot. It's oxygen to my soul, along with just plain old writing. It's my passion.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Can you make the roleplay paragraph bigger and make the questions more detailed please?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

About You

[Name] Meiyu/Musiclover
[Age] I am ___ years old.
[Gender] Female
Do I know you] Yes.

Questions

[Why do you want to be a Mod] To help out. I reaaaally love Ask Groups.
[How many groups have you been a Mod in] A lot.
[Groups you've been a Mod in] Ask Royals, Ask Demigods/Gods, Ask Shadowhunters, Ask Animation, Ask Villains, Ask Dreamers, World Wide Web of Friends in YA Books, Words and Music, The Caleo Fanclub, You are not alone, Hamamatsanantosarapa Lovers, and We Live for Music.
[What would you do to help this group] Make sure everybody's following rules/being kind to each other, help people who aren't familiar with the whole "ask" process, be active and make sure others are active[I have my ways O_O]
[Groups currently active in] Ask Royals, Ask Demigods/Gods, Ask Shadowhunters, Ask Dreamers, Percy Jackson, You are not alone, Write your heart out, the vent, etc.
[How long have your been on Goodreads] Um, well, on THIS account, a few months[Since December 27, I think.] But I had a previous account before this, but it got deleted[For reasons unknown to you people]but counting the time I've been on goodreads with my previous account, I'd say about 2 years.

Roleplay

[Write a paragraph of roleplay with a character you made up or already have made] (I just thought about this on a whim:P]

Heart pounding, sweat marking the back of her neck, a girl hid behind the wide counter. With her back pressed against the wood, she looked out from the counter, scanning the kitchen for anybody. She could have sworn that the front door knob was jiggling..-like somebody was picking the lock..and trying to break into her house. Unfortunately, her parents both were at work, and her older brother was at football practice.

She was alone.

Chest feeling like it would explode, Charlotte snagged her bottom lip with her teeth, gnawing at it vehemently. She could already feel the coppery taste of her own blood in her mouth. Scolding herself, she changed her crouching position to a standing position, ascending up into the air, taking it inch by inch. Finally, when she was on her feet, she crept over to the drawer full of silverware, and slid it open, hand on the cool smooth metal handle. She winced, as the noise rang through the air. But it was too late to back down.
Reaching into the drawer, she selected a large, sharp, kitchen knife. Just the mere weight of the dangerous tool in her hands made Charlotte cringe. Charlotte was a peaceful, nonviolent type of young teenager. The fourteen year old girl didn't like violence. At all. How was she to defend herself if she couldn't bring to hurt somebody?
Gulping as quietly as she could, throat feeling like dry sandpaper, Charlotte set the knife down, deciding that she wouldn't use it. She wouldn't stab somebody. So, for a substitute for the knife, she slowly tiptoed to the other side of the kitchen, swung the pantry door open, and dropped to her knees. Behind some packets of napkins on the floor of the pantry, was a silver metal baseball bat. Her parents told her to get this to defend herself if she ever had to. So Charlotte pulled it out, weighed it on her finger tips, back against the wall, Lottie reached into her back jean's pocket, only to curse mentally when the screen on her cellphone was pitch black. The only other phone in the house was the house phone. Which was in the family room.
Charlotte gulped, before stepping out of the kitchen, and creeping across the house. Then, a noise caught her off guard. It was a man's voice. She turned to see who was there.

And there stood a tall, lithe man. A hood drawn up over his face. But eerie red eyes glowed through the darkness of the hood.

And what else could Charlotte do but scream? So she did. She screamed a loud, ear-splitting scream. Her arms were shaking too much to even support the weight of the bat, and the bat rolled away..her only weapon to defend herself.

And what did the eerie red-eyed stranger do?

He laughed.

[How much do you RP] I used to RP a lot, but I'm not really into RP these days. I'm too busy to RP, really. Life's too stressful right now. So yeah, I'm not all that active in RP groups, but I'm really active in Ask Groups because it's basically just talking[Something I'm VERY good at]

Extra

>>I will ask others about your behavior

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Approved

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks^_^

message 7: by Tertl (last edited Feb 14, 2014 10:34AM) (new)

Tertl About You

Name: Tertl
Do I know you: No

Questions

Why do you want to be a Mod: Because I do
How many groups have you been a Mod in: Like 20
Groups you've been a Mod in: Too many
What would you do to help this group: Be friendly
Groups currently active in: A lot
How long have your been on Goodreads: Like 3 Months

Roleplay:
We have all been in a group for 2 days, we have found a nice place to stay for a while. It's an old camper that has 12 days worth of food and 5 days worth of ammo. We will need to go to the city to get more in a while but only when that time comes. And now we come into the scene.
(I so did not copy and paste that from another Role Playing group with my Amazing copy and paste skills)
How much do you RP: Not often...
Extra: I snowboard.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 14, 2014 08:17AM) (new)

Yes, both accepted, but can Tertl, can you do a small tiny,ounce of rp?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

YES!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

A P P R O V E D

message 11: by Matt (new)

Matt D. | 15 comments Name: Matt D.
Gender (If not clear) Male
Do I know you: no

Questions

Why do you want to be a Mod: Because I know a lot about moderating groups
How many groups have you been a Mod in: A lot
Groups you've been a Mod in: i really can't remember them all
What would you do to help this group: I can help keep others in control and stop bullying or rule breaking
Groups currently active in: Too many to name off
How long have your been on Goodreads: I have only been on goodreads since september, but i am very active in groups

Roleplay

Write a paragraph of roleplay with a character you made up or already have made: I ran to the ruined town. It seemed like nobody had been here in decades. But, just then, i heard a voice. "Matt" It was faint. It did not seem like this person had much life left. But, when I came over it was my mother. But, she was different. She was pale and lifeless. She moaned. No, she is a zombie too I thought. This must be stopped. I will save the world from this apocylpse

How much do you RP: i do a lot of RP, way too much to specify

message 12: by fake name (new)

fake name (dmbb) | 12 comments Name: Joshua
Do I know you: I know Logan and Turtl

Questions

Why do you want to be a Mod: Because I would like to do good things for the group and help

How many groups have you been a Mod in: A lot of them

Groups you've been a Mod in: RP Central, The Real World, etc

What would you do to help this group: Help people that need it, police it and other

Groups currently active in: All of mine

How long have your been on Goodreads: Since September

Roleplay

Write a paragraph of roleplay with a character you made up or already have made:
Jarm was running down the hall, the horde getting closer. He could see the door at the end of the hallway. He ran with all his might but then quickly tripped on a loose floorboard. The horde walked slowly toward him as he tried to get up, that's when he heard a bang from behind. A minute later all the infected were dead. A man rose from behind and helped him up, all Jarm could say was "Who are you?" and the stranger just laughed.

How much do you RP: A lot

Extra:

>>I will ask others about your behavior (ASK LOGAN! HE KNOWS ME!)

»Full sentences!!!!!

message 13: by Logan (new)

Logan (loganp) Joshuaa wrote: "Name: Joshua
Do I know you: I know Logan and Turtl

Questions

Why do you want to be a Mod: Because I would like to do good things for the group and help

How many groups hav..."

AMAZING GOOD JOB! Eli will have to check it but I accept it!!

message 14: by fake name (new)

fake name (dmbb) | 12 comments Can u review my mod application Eli?

message 15: by fake name (new)

fake name (dmbb) | 12 comments PWEES

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

:)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Matt (and JAKE) The pokemon master wrote: "Name: Matt D.
Gender (If not clear) Male
Do I know you: no

Questions

Why do you want to be a Mod: Because I know a lot about moderating groups
How many group..."

Well, you are being mean to me so……… DENIED

message 18: by ≈aleх: pнoenιх oғ тнe ғlaмe≈ (last edited Feb 19, 2014 06:01PM) (new)

≈aleх: pнoenιх oғ тнe ғlaмe≈ (loveisendless) About You

Name: Alex
Do I know you: In real life, likely not

Questions

Why do you want to be a Mod: I want to be a mod because I love monitoring groups and having a bit of influence among others
How many groups have you been a Mod in: Eh... Over 10. I lost track...
Groups you've been a Mod in: Ask Storybrooke
Ask Royals
ISLAND
Amour (Romantic Roleplay)
[And other]
What would you do to help this group: I am really big on getting people to join. I am also good at making and maintaining topics.
Groups currently active in: Ask Demigods
Ask Factions
Ask Royals
Amour
ISLAND
[And others]
How long have your been on Goodreads: One year this April

Roleplay

Matthew ran through the forest, sweat pouring down his face. In the darkness of the forest, a laugh boomed all around him. The very earth seemed to be trying to eat him. The air forced him to the ground. Matthew struggled under the weight of the primordials, but he soon collapsed, his body absorbed into the ground...
How much do you RP: Usually, everyday.