What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. a girl who goes back in time to either a palace/castle/very rich house and she is wearing a bikini or sundress and she is dressed not appropriately for the time period

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jc (new)

Jc | 1 comments Hi All,

I am looking for a book I read when I was younger, but I cannot remember the name of it. It was a book for a young teen. All I can remember is it is about a girl who goes back in time to either a palace/castle/very rich house and she is wearing a bikini or sundress and she is dressed not appropriately for the time period. She can't decide which time period she wants to stay in, and I think she can go back and forth between the two.

I know that is a very vague description but that's really all I remember about the book.

Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Jc--I've moved this down to Unsolved for you, since you will get more people looking at it there.

Now for a few questions--WHEN did you read this--1 year ago? 2, 5,15? How did you find it (recommendation, the cover caught your eye, someone recommended it.) Where did you find it--book shop, library, grocers?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Jc, please change your header to include descriptive information. It's too vague...no one will click on it.

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (sscarllet) | 254 comments I thought I would bump this - just cause it sounds interesting.

message 6: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1354 comments Shelly Thacker, Forever His

She's in a 'inappropriate' silky pj's.

message 7: by Gabs (new)

Gabs  | 127 comments Waterfall maybe?

message 8: by Lark (new)

Lark | 69 comments Pretty sure Liralen is correct and it's Both Sides of Time.

message 9: by Rafi (new)

Rafi Snowden | 101 comments Yes, this sounds like the Caroline Cooney books, there are actually four books in the series. Hopefully the op will return!

message 10: by Eavan (new)

Eavan Oh my gosh, I think I've read Both Sides of Time! At some point she needs to figure out how much $$ inflation has occurred since that time period, and the librarian's answer -- "multiply by seven" -- has stuck in my head ever since.

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate | 6 comments Prada & Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard

I read this book a while ago and sounds similar to the other stories suggested. It's a pretty fun read, even if it's not the one you're looking for.

message 12: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 15 comments Sounds a bit like Linda Lael Miller's Pirates, but the main character in that one is a recently divorced woman, not a girl.

message 13: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (sscarllet) | 254 comments bump

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Jc, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Jc, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.