What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Golden Key
This topic is about The Golden Key
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. A painter discovers a way through magic to extend his life [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 3 comments I read this book in high school around 2004-2006 thereabouts it was a large boo. It was a fantasy/fiction book kind of dark. It's about an artist who has learned or discovered a magic that lets him bind himself and other in paintings useing various bodily fluids in hi paint. With each new generation he trains an apprentice and tricks them to take over their lives and bodys by adding his own essence to their self portrait. That's all I can remember and I can't think of title driving me nuts

message 2: by Estencele (new)

Estencele | 44 comments I was just thinking of this one yesterday-- that's "The Golden Key" by Melanie Rawn. Grijalvas and Gifted Limners and all that, starting off in an alternate Renaissance Europe and proceeding for a few centuries?

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 3 comments Estencele wrote: "I was just thinking of this one yesterday-- that's "The Golden Key" by Melanie Rawn. Grijalvas and Gifted Limners and all that, starting off in an alternate Renaissance Europe and proceeding for a ..."

OMG I think that's it its was niggling in my head that the title had the word key in it thanks a bunch. I have been trying to remember that for months

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Do you want to move this down to Solved or wait til you can find a copy Courtney?

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 3 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Do you want to move this down to Solved or wait til you can find a copy Courtney?"

New here how do I move it to solved

message 6: by Justanotherbiblophile (last edited Feb 14, 2014 10:20AM) (new)

Justanotherbiblophile | 1756 comments Edit the subject line of this thread. There's an option for folders (currently on unsolved).

Yeah, I picked this book up a couple of months ago, but wasn't it perhaps the start of a series? I got it because I recognized Rawn, and for ~$1, I was sure... but read the jacket description and was like 'great, now I have to find *more* books'. But wasn't sure if anything had ever come of it, and thus didn't dive into the book (and there it sits in my huge pile of TBR).

message 7: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Blaikie | 127 comments There is another book in the series, The Diviner, also written by Melanie Rawn, but it's set before The Golden Key, and was written after it. Jennifer Roberson and Kate Elliott,who co-wrote The Golden Key, were also going to write a book each, but as far as I know they have shelved the project. So you can go ahead and read it when you can find time, it's really a standalone book.