Empty Shelf Challenge discussion

Do what's everyone reading in February?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 3 comments I'm currently reading Pursued by Jud Wilhite. It is about God's love for us and based off the book of Hosea. As a fan of Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, I am loving this book. It is opening my eyes to God's love for me.

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniereads1) | 9 comments My current read is called "Dear Scott, Dearest Zelda"--the letters between Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald! It's kind of slow going, you know, reading other people's letters, but it's really interesting! I read "Z," a historical fiction on Zelda, so I wanted to check out their real letters :)

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahannehayes) Almost done with The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling, Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist, and Boundaries in Dating by Cloud and Townsend.

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniereads1) | 9 comments Sarah, I LOVED the Casual Vacancy! :D

message 5: by Dale (new)

Dale | 1 comments The Charge

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahannehayes) Just finished it last night, Stephanie. It was written incredibly well (I mean, it is JK Rowling), but holy buckets, it was depressing!

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniereads1) | 9 comments Oh I know, it definitely is. I thought it was fantastic though. I've read so many mixed reviews that I have my own theory about its generally poor reception! What did you think?

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahannehayes) As a writer, I enjoyed the excellent way it was written. As a reader, the story was just a bit too depressing for me to truly love.

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara Stacy | 3 comments I got one book read in February, as opposed to the nine I read in January. Life got busy you could say. I finished All In by Mark Batterson. Today I started "Sarah Laughed" by Vanessa L. Ochs.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahannehayes) In the last week, I finished Boundaries in Dating, Cold Tangerines, It's Your Fault You're Single, and The Book Thief.

I think my total for February was 5.

message 11: by Suzi (new)

Suzi Sullivan | 1 comments I just finished AHA by Kyle Idleman. The Prodigal Son story with much more meaning than I'd understood before. Loved it!!!