Teen Critic discussion

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
This topic is about Vampire Academy
The Archives > Vampire Academy

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 43 comments Has anyone seen this movie? Is it good? Thoughts/opinions on the cast?

Marilyn Phillips | 2 comments I am looking forward to seeing this movie but it won't be released here in Australia until March so I have another month to wait. Sad me.

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) This movie was amazing! I was so nervous it was gonna be like mean girls with vampires. BUT IT WASNT!!!!!

gaaaaah it stayed sooo true to the book and I am so happy.

Danilla is the perfect Dimitri and he is so hooootttt
And zoey is the perfect rose

Maren K (mkgunning) | 5 comments Really?!? I'm so scared to see it because it seems SO mean-girls-with-vampires!! And Dimitri didn't look hot enough :(( neither did Lissa

I AM TERRIFIED TO SEE IT IN CASE IT RUINS EVERYTHING.

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Its so funny because I felt the same about everything you said! It will blow your mind I promise

Charlie (camiac226422) | 5 comments It was an amazing movie but besides Rose i think the cast didn't fit well.

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) I loved dimitri!! His accent was a little rough, especially being russian. He should have talked normal

message 8: by A (new) - rated it 3 stars

A H I SO wanna watch the movie...:(:(:(

AnnMarie Smith | 6 comments Maren wrote: "Really?!? I'm so scared to see it because it seems SO mean-girls-with-vampires!! And Dimitri didn't look hot enough :(( neither did Lissa

I AM TERRIFIED TO SEE IT IN CASE IT RUINS EVERYTHING."

It wasn't that bad, the only similarity to mean girls was the high school setting. I finished the book hours before I saw the movie and I believe that it stayed true to the major plot points in the novel. However, the events did not come in the same order as the book. I loved the added scenes that didn't happen in the book.
In my opinion, I think that Dimitri was perfect. The actor really captured the personality and looks of the character. Overall, I was very happy with the movie, and I highly recommend seeing it!!!

Tatiana (tatianalerma) | 1 comments I thought it was really good & super funny Isaw the movie first and decided to read it. Almost done with it!

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 43 comments This movie wasn't bad! Rose overdid it a bit though...

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Really??? I loved rose

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 43 comments I did like Rose, a lot. She looked the part. She was just trying a bit too hard in some parts. It didn't seem natural. (Which makes sense because she's acting)

Renae (myboybuildscoffins) | 16 comments I didn't want to see the movie. The trailers were enough to put me off but my friend shoved her copy into my hands yesterday and told me to watch it, she said "I know you like Twilight, so you'll probably like this because it's ten times worse, hahaha" She hasn't read the books.

I didn't have high expectations or anything but the thought of the movie ruining my image of the books did cross my mind. I didn't need to worry about that.

I thought it was awful. The worst book to movie adaption I have ever seen. It was like the movie was made out of cardboard. The whole time I was like, "what is this movie?" Yeah, there were a few things from the book but even then it was just so.... dull. The acting was terrible. The whole thing just screamed B-Grade movie with $2 budget. I feel embarrassed for Richelle Mead, that this is how her beyond awesome books were portrayed.
I did like the guy who played Christian. I think he would have been a good fit if everything else actually worked.
Also, a Twilight dig? aren't we past that? It's tacky.
Directors, if you don't want your movie to be mistaken for Twilight just because it has vampires in it, then don't bring up Twilight.

Just my opinion, of course. It's nice that you all liked it.

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) @renae I get what you are saying about the twilight thing, but it was in the books as well I believe

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 65 comments I just saw this. Granted, I haven't read the book yet so I don't have much to compare it to lol. I loved the girl actresses they cast though. Rose was awesome, and I also like Sarah Hyland's character. The only actor I thought could've been cast better was Dmitri. I didn't find him that sexy...idk.

I really wanna read the book now! Lol anyone down...hmu!

Chantae B. | 38 comments Yeah I don't think they found the best person to play dimitri

Connie (faeriewings) | 50 comments Zoey Deutch was a great Rose, and I think Sarah Hyland did a good job as Natalie. Dimitri was alright, but just like Jace in the City of Bones movie, he isn't as I pictured him. I know that actors can't just be direct carbon copies of my brain imagines xD but the way he acted as Dimitri was kind of weird for me.
Some of the CGI was a little cheesy, and so was the montage with (view spoiler)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) | 308 comments This was so cheesy and rushed. They are making frostbite. They had better get Adrian right!!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

They're making frostbite!!??!

message 21: by Kati (last edited Aug 07, 2014 11:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kati We need to help for Frostbite!!! I'm a huge Fan of Vampire Academy and the second Movie only can get better with Adrian and Eddie!:) Please look on this Website and help that Frostbite happens:) https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fr...