Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > A fine mess

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) I made a fine mess of one of my books when I first joined the website. The entry for my book "Places of Time," shows four editions; there are only two, an ebook and a paperback. One erroneous edition has an obsolete cover and the title "Ship of Storms." The other has no cover. Both of these "editions should be deleted, and the paperback and ebook editions with the correct covers (both the same) should be separated into separate editions. Nothing I do to correct these errors seems to work, or else makes it worse, so maybe someone else has the ability/authority to fix it. Thanks.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments The way we work on Goodreads is that all editions of a work are combined so that they all appear together. We also keep all covers on the site as people like to add the specific edition with the cover that they own (think of us as more of a library than a bookseller).

Also, another thing to note - books with an ASIN are classified as Kindle editions rather than ebooks. Have corrected that.

I have deleted/merged the extra edition of Places of Time without any info.

With Ship of Storms I have moved the ASIN back to the original edition - any editions that come thereafter are considered Alternate-Cover Editions (ACES). Please see here and here for more information.

To set the default edition for a work, you need to follow the instructions here. That will ensure that the latest cover shows as default on your author profile (this can take up to 48 hours to update, because of caching issues, so once it's set please be patient!).

message 3: by Ken (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) Thanks very much! Much better now.