Schneider's Reading Class discussion

Giver Discussion - Do you like The Giver?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amberly (new)

Amberly (amberlybrtek) | 2 comments Did you like The Giver? At first I didn't like the book? I didn't like how the book was based in the future, and based on Sameness. The book got interesting when Jonas learns about colors,emotions, pain, ect.. I liked how Jonas starts to realize how the community changed, and how it is the way it is now. I didn't like the ending of the book. I think the ending should have been longer and more interesting. But, overall I think that The Giver was a decent book.

message 2: by Asja (new)

Asja (Roansja) | 8 comments I liked the giver, but I didn't like how she left us hanging at the end of the book. I wanted it to keep going with Jonas'

message 3: by Asja (new)

Asja (Roansja) | 8 comments Story.

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen (eaglesreadwrite) | 21 comments Mod
I enjoyed e symbolism of color and memories. I think we can learn about how to not take things for granted.

message 5: by Brendan (new)

Brendan | 3 comments I think the book was ok.

message 6: by Sabri (new)

Sabri (TheGeek17) | 3 comments I feel that it had many twists and turns and really liked it. It's not one I'd read regularly but I would however recommend this to a few people. For I loved the way Jonas took his job and made something out of it. Also ending equals grrr. Bad ending, just no, it shouldn't of been that way.