Parents of Tweens (9-14) discussion

Discussions > What Tween Book Are You Reading Now?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane | 129 comments Mod
Are you reading a tween book? Tell us what you are reading.

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane | 129 comments Mod
I am currently reading The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Isenhoff (michelleisenhoff) I'm writing one, does that count? ;) Just finished revisions for the second book in my Song of the Mountain trilogy. Hits Amazon April 1.
But I just finished reading The River Between Us, by Richard Peck. Excellent.

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane | 129 comments Mod
Michelle wrote: "I'm writing one, does that count? ;) Just finished revisions for the second book in my Song of the Mountain trilogy. Hits Amazon April 1.
But I just finished reading [book:The River..."

Congrats on your new book!

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane | 129 comments Mod
I am reading The Summer of the Swans with my daughter.

message 6: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cpassage) | 9 comments Diane wrote: "I am currently reading The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine."

What did you think of that one? I didn't love it at first; it felt a little too predictable. But it has grown on me over time and now I am ready to re-read it.

message 7: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cpassage) | 9 comments Diane wrote: "Are you reading a tween book? Tell us what you are reading."

I just finished "Pop" by Gordan Korman. Now I'm reading The Thief by Megan Whelan Turner. I really liked The False Prince, so I am hoping to like this one just as much.

message 8: by Diane (new)

Diane | 129 comments Mod
Cathy wrote: "Diane wrote: "I am currently reading The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine."

What did you think of that one? I didn't love it at first; it felt a little too ..."

It was predictable, but enjoyable all the same. My daughter and I read it together. It showed her a bit of history that she wasn't fully aware of. It was very eye opening for her.

message 9: by John (new)

John Briggs (johnbriggsbooks) | 4 comments I'm reading The Story of Cirrus Flux. I won it in a raffle but wanted to finish it before giving it to my tween. I'm a bigger fan of historical non-fiction than fiction, and unfortunately, this book reinforces that. I'm hoping my son enjoys it more.

message 10: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Malone (dawnmalone) | 2 comments I've wanted to read The Night Gardener since I saw the gorgeous cover. I'm only through the first chapter, but the writing is just as lovely as the exterior.

message 12: by Diane (new)

message 13: by Diane (new)

Diane | 129 comments Mod
(Finally) reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum.

message 19: by Marcia (new)

Marcia (marciastrykowski) | 11 comments Diane wrote: "The War that Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley"

I love this one, my favorite of last year.

message 20: by Maria (new)

Maria Lennon | 1 comments Diane wrote: "Are you reading a tween book? Tell us what you are reading." I'm reading Series of Unfortunate Events book 5-
he's a master at efficient storytelling.