Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Buddy Reads > Plain Fame Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
We are starting Plain Fame by Sarah Price February 12. Anyone wanting to read with us feel free to join in.

Plain Fame (The Plain Fame Trilogy #1) by Sarah Price

Book 1 of 3 in the Series
Amanda Beiler is a young Amish woman traveling back to Pennsylvania from a visit in Ohio. Alejandro Diaz is a famous Cuban singer living the life in the limelight of international media. Their worlds collide on the streets of Manhattan, an accident that brings them together and, despite their efforts, will not let them be apart. What happens when that bridge is crossed between two very conflicting worlds and two extremely different cultures?

An Amish Christian Romance that will leave you breathless and wanting more. Sarah Price, bestselling author of Amish Christian Romances, brings her twenty-five years of experience living among the Amish and from growing up Mennonite to the pages of her novels and novellas, in order to present a truly authentic Amish experience just for her readers

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 340 comments Mod
I'm on Chapter Seven now!

What do you think of Alejandro and the story so far?

message 3: by Lorie (new)

I'm on Chapter 7 too. I think Alejandro is ready for a change in his life. He likes a break anyways.

I like the story, its different.

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Yeah, it's definitely different.

I honestly was surprised Amanda's parents allowed him to stay, considering he was awfully... Personal with their daughter so far, lol.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 127 comments I'm trying to get this from the library.

message 6: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette Norton | 6 comments sounds like one I would like to read

message 7: by Lorie (new)

Well the author wrote to me and she is willing to answer questions if we have any. She also wants us to think about what real life person Viper is based on.

message 8: by Brittany (new)

The only thing that comes to my mind is Desi Arnaz xDDD

message 9: by Lorie (new)

Viper is big in hip hop music and dance. She told me who it was but I will give others time to guess.

message 10: by Lorie (new)

Well I finished it. Really enjoyed it, but it leaves you with a cliff hanger so you will want to get book 2.

message 11: by Brittany (new)

Lol, that figures. I'm still on chapter seven, but once the kids I'm babysitting get to sleep, I should be able to read some.

message 12: by Brittany (new)

Finished it last night! Should've known there would be a cliffhanger...

message 13: by Lorie (new)

I warned you lol

message 14: by Brittany (new)

What did you think of it overall?

message 15: by Lorie (new)

I really enjoyed the characters. Thought the story was very different. The story kept my interest. Thought that the parents letting him stay was a bit unusual but he did take care of her and they were happy about that. Will like to see where the story goes now.

message 16: by Lorie (new)

Oh and Pitt Bull is the singer that Viper is suppose to be like.

message 17: by Brittany (last edited Feb 18, 2014 08:29PM) (new)

The story itself was interesting, but I didn't really like the characters that well.

Amanda was too wishy washy and naive. I know she's Amish and all, but she doesn't know what a limo is?

Alejandro was nice enough, but I figured he would've understood what sort of situation he was putting Amanda and her family in if he was so accustomed to attention from the paparazzi. And, seriously, he doesn't know what a lantern is???

Amanda's parents were stupid for inviting Alejandro to stay with them in the first place, without contacting an elder for permission.

And the Bishop was an ass. Amanda had done nothing to deserve being thrown out of her community. I get it, the crowds were bothering the rest of the community, but you think he'd be more willing to go the police and press charges than to send an innocent and young girl away from everything she has ever known. Neither is ideal for the Amish, but I figured the charges were the lesser of the two evils.

And there were several different ways it could've ended and made more sense. I guess my frustration with the characters just got to me after a while...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Plain Fame (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah Price (other topics)