Night Shift Night Shift discussion

Short stories you'd like to see expanded?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Eric Wondering what short stories of King's everyone would like to have seen be expanded into a full novel version?

Personally, I think "The Mist" would be a great full length novel, and the characters trying to explore and survive their new world would be great.

Obviously he has a ton that would lend to this, just wanted to see what other people think?

Richard Beachworld freaked me out when i read it.

Trucks was fun and part of me still thinks Maximum Overdrive is a guilty pleasure

message 3: by Dan (last edited Feb 11, 2014 02:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dan The Mist is not a short story; it is a novella. I personally think it is the perfect length for the story it tells. In other words, if it were longer, the wordiness would cause the horror and suspense to lose much of its effect. In fact, if anything, I think it could be shorter. I was starting to feel really claustrophobic with all that time Stephen King was forcing us to spend in the confines of the grocery store.

Now, if you mean you would like to know what happened after they left the store and started travelling by car, I am with you. I also would not mind knowing more about what those scientists were doing and why when they created the mist. I'd love to read the sequel!

Gerd Difficult question, the beauty of a short story is most often hard to capture in novel length.

Still, I tend to claim that my fanish heart would explode from joy if SK was to collaborate with James Herbert on a novel length "Night Shift".