♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Archives (Challenges) > The Spooky Challenge

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A, Crazy. (last edited Mar 13, 2014 09:34AM) (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
THE SPOOKY READING CHALLENGE!

For all of you lovers of horror/supernatural/mystery and fantasy! Here's an awesome challenge to feed your hunger of horror stories!

Genres allowed : Horror, supernatural, fantasy and mystery

Time Limit : 3 months from the date you start!

Levels:

Easy - Read any 3 books from the list given below
Medium - Read and 5 books from the list given below
Hard - Read more than 6 books from the list given below

HERE IS THE LIST

- Read your first-ever novel of the four genres mentioned above.
- Read a book from a friend's TBR pile
- Read a book of a different genre by an author who generally writes books from the above mentioned genres.
- Read a book of the above genres which has won an award/prize (Pulitzer, Booker etc.)
- Read a book GR recommended you
- Read a book with a shadow, or moon on the cover
- Read a book with a blue/black cover
- Read a book which features more than 1 supernatural element
- Read a book of your least favorite genre of the four genres mentioned above.

Sign up here! All posts and updates of books to be done here. If you have any queries, suggestions or doubts - post them in this thread itself.

message 2: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) Two questions

1. The first clue - Read your first-ever novel of the four genres mentioned above --- Does this mean, first ever since we start this challenge or first ever of an author we choose or first ever in the genre itself. If it is the first two then its fine but the third can be difficult as most of us have already read books in these genres.

2. the last two clues are the same - is it a repeat or do you mean most favorite and least favorite?

Love these challenges and want to participate in as many of them and being new so excited that I am asking all these questions.. :P :)

message 3: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Your 1st question - Well, it actually is first ever in the genre but you can go ahead with first ever of the author you choose.

2. The last two clues have been repeated - I'll just edit it!

And best of luck!

message 4: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments A question! if a book fills all the genre so will i have to stop or read two more? i am choosing the easy one.

message 5: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Read one book for maximum TWO clues...

message 6: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments Can i read three books of a one clue?

message 7: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Nopes....2 clues.

message 8: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments - Read a blue\black cover book
- read a book with more than 1 elements in it.
City of Ashes

message 9: by ~~Poulomi Sylphrena Tonk$~~ (last edited Apr 25, 2014 09:07PM) (new)

~~Poulomi Sylphrena Tonk$~~ | 1579 comments OKAY, I'm taking part in it.:)

Challenge Name: The Spooky Challenge
Time limit: 15/03/2014 to 15/O6/2014
Genres allowed : Horror, supernatural, fantasy and mystery
Books Read: 8/9

- Read your first-ever novel of the four genres mentioned above- Bridge to Terabithia-read
- Read a book from a friend's TBR pile- The Two Towers (read); The Host(read)
- Read a book of a different genre by an author who generally writes books from the above mentioned genre: The Cuckoo's Calling read
- Read a book of the above genres which has won an award/prize (Pulitzer, Booker etc.)
- Read a book GR recommended you: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone read
- Read a book with a shadow, or moon on the cover
- Read a book with a blue/black cover: The Two Towers -read
- Read a book which features more than 1 supernatural element: Breaking Dawnread ; The Hobbit -read
- Read a book of your least favorite genre of the four genres mentioned above : The Shining-to read

~~Poulomi Sylphrena Tonk$~~ | 1579 comments Ruchi, Can i read 2 books in the same clue? Like for the clue, " Read a book featuring more than one supernatural element", can i include both Breaking dawn (werewolves and vamps) and The Hobbit (dwarves, orcs)? Or just any one of them?

message 11: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Poulomi wrote: "Ruchi, Can i read 2 books in the same clue? Like for the clue, " Read a book featuring more than one supernatural element", can i include both Breaking dawn (werewolves and vamps) and The Hobbit (d..."

Yes, you can.

~~Poulomi Sylphrena Tonk$~~ | 1579 comments Okay. Thanks. :)

message 13: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Congrats Rachel!!:))