Simply Irresistible Jill Shalvis discussion

Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
This topic is about Once in a Lifetime
Jill's Books > Once in a Lifetime

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Finished yesterday - gobbled it down in one day. Loved it. Here is my GoodReads review . Thanks, Jill!

message 2: by Ada (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ada (miss_spell) | 18 comments I loved this - I shouldn't be surprised but with each new hero Jill introduces, I find a new one to fall in love with. Ben definitely took my heart! I give this one 5 stars!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Loved it! Read the teaser at the end for the next book and can't wait!

Nicole (nbenoit) | 8 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Loved it! Read the teaser at the end for the next book and can't wait!"

I didn't let myself read the teaser - I never do because then I can't wait! :)

Nicole (nbenoit) | 8 comments Ada wrote: "I loved this - I shouldn't be surprised but with each new hero Jill introduces, I find a new one to fall in love with. Ben definitely took my heart! I give this one 5 stars!"

Same! I fall in love with all her hero's. And definitely fell for Ben in a big way.

Nicole (nbenoit) | 8 comments I absolutely loved Once in a Lifetime! I think it was my favorite ending of all her books -- and that's saying something!

Did anyone else notice the name change? In Always on My Mind, Dee is scolding him at the Fireman's Car Wash, and she gives him the full name treatment: "Benjamin Matthew Kincaid"... but he became Ben McDaniel. It really shouldn't matter but it stuck out to me.

I adore Jill's writing, especially the Lucky Harbor series.

Nicole (nbenoit) | 8 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Finished yesterday - gobbled it down in one day. Loved it. Here is
my GoodReads review
. Thanks, Jill!"

I read it over two days, and that's with chasing around a very active 5 year old boy. ha! The first night turned into some very late night reading. ;)

message 8: by Lala (new) - added it

Lala | 5 comments Hello everyone, I'm new here and when I saw this topic first I didn't want to read all your comments as I haven't read the book (don't have it yet :( ), but of course I did read what you wrote. And I can't wait for the release day! Ben seems to get to be my next favourite hero :-)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments I didn't read the teaser, either, Nichole. It would have driven me nuts. I already want Sam's story enough as it is. Brave Pamela!

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Welcome, Lala!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) LOL. Funny thing is I had no intention of reading the teaser but I "glanced" at the first page of it and then found myself finishing it.

Karen (kdjohnston) | 2 comments Just finished! awesome as usual!

message 13: by Ada (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ada (miss_spell) | 18 comments Nicole wrote: "Ada wrote: "I loved this - I shouldn't be surprised but with each new hero Jill introduces, I find a new one to fall in love with. Ben definitely took my heart! I give this one 5 stars!"

Same! I f..."

Every time I read one, I'm like no hero can be better. But then the next comes along lol It's the same with the Animal Magnetism series. Oh Jill.....I heart her and her heroes!

message 14: by Daniela (new) - added it

Daniela (destudio) | 15 comments I don't know how Ms. Shalvis does it every time but she creates repeatedly and consistently a feel good, steamy, "awww"-inspiring romance that I want to read over and over again. Who else can write a story about a bitchaholic and make it good? Jill Shalvis, that's who!!

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Daniela wrote: "Who else can write a story about a bitchaholic and make it good? Jill Shalvis, that's who!!"

**chuckles**

message 16: by Lisa Kay (last edited Feb 19, 2014 05:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Anyone else read this one yet? I like the series so much, I'm tempted to get the audio, too.

message 17: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bekah (bekah317) | 246 comments Mod
I can't wait for SAMs story!!

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Yes, definitely looking forward to Sam's story.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Loved it, LK!

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Thought you would, Pamela. ☺