Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andy (new)

Andy Bird | 223 comments This is interesting

Test your reading speed

message 2: by Weenie (new)

Weenie Seems like I'm strictly average!

message 3: by Dave (new)

Dave Wood (pocket7976) | 985 comments 368 words per minute - cool.

Now why can't I get through these books quicker?

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert (bobhe) | 785 comments Slightly above average. But guessed would be questions so slowed a little without thinking

message 5: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2716 comments 306 pages, 22% faster. Interesting. I was lucky to get the questions correct.

message 6: by Robyn (last edited Feb 11, 2014 11:23AM) (new)

Robyn I always knew I read quickly, so I thought it was cool to find out just how quickly (I took 3, avg score 800 wpm). Really fun test ... also interesting to see how much information you're properly taking in with the questions afterward. It makes sense, though, given that I basically trained for years upon years to take in info as fast as possible.

message 7: by Ana (new)

Ana Morgan | 8 comments I got 529 wpm = 112% faster than average, which is better than I expected, considering I haven't got much training or experience beyond reading for fun. It was fun when they tested you on what you'd read. I didn't think I'd get them all right, heh.

message 8: by Helen (new)

Helen | 4238 comments 478!! Go me, got 406 the next try.

message 9: by Paulfozz (new)

Paulfozz I had a go last night on my iPod's little screen and again just now on my laptop. Result was a little above average, around 320wpm. As expected really - I'm not a speed reader by any means!

800wpm is incredibly fast Robyn!

message 10: by Robyn (new)

Robyn I slow down when reading really good writing where I want to appreciate the language. I think I have a natural tendency to read quickly that was then honed by basically having to read several books a day and reliably know what was in them. (Graduate school not quite as useless as previously thought?)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3622 comments I am slow reading from the computer screen than reading from a book. I think it has to do with the sizing of things. I also wear varifocals which also don't help, as on a screen I have to keep moving my head which takes away my concentration.

When reading my kindle I have the font size slightly bigger for comfort and I am often found reading with my glasses on the top of my head, and I read books without them mostly too.

message 12: by Em (new)

Em (emmap) | 2929 comments 422 words per minute, 69% above average. I don't think I'm particularly fast, usually I like to dwell over my books, unless I'm not enjoying it and then I speed up considerably.

message 13: by Helen (new)

Helen | 4238 comments Lynne - The Book Squirrel wrote: "I am slow reading from the computer screen than reading from a book. I think it has to do with the sizing of things. I also wear varifocals which also don't help, as on a screen I have to keep movi..."

I'm the same. Had varifocals and reading glasses back in the summer. Took the varifocals back yesterday as I couldn't see with them to read, turns out the angle was wrong!

message 14: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 1010 comments I am thinking of varifocals as increasingly i am reading whilst tv on, i take glasses off to read then have to put them on if i hear something that sounds so interesting i have to see what's going on, plus read a lot at work so glasses on and off constantly, i don't think glasses on a string round my neck will suit!