Angelfall Read-a-long! discussion

65 views
Discussion for chapters 1-9

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlize (new)

Charlize (charlizer) | 18 comments Mod
I made this early just so I would remember to make a discussion board every 9 chapters, make sure you don't post any spoilers for future chapters in here :)

So basically in these discussion boards you can bring up anything from those 9 chapters, talk about characters, important plot points, etc, reply to others too! :D


message 2: by Emmi (new)

Emmi (bookswithems) Guys the ending of Chapter 8! Somebody else agree that they want to read more!


message 3: by Alisha (new)

Alisha (aalishaa) I'm actually on chapter 13 right now but yes agree! Greaaaat book so far


message 4: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Ross (verrisawkward) | 14 comments I'm actually around chapter 30...oops! I will have to read other people's inputs before discussing my own so I know where everyone else is!


Tyler 2013-2014 | 4 comments Her mother's illness is a very different thing to read about for me. The part where she stabbed an intruder with the six butter knifes, purposely missing the heart so he'll slowly bleed to death was very gruesome and just interesting. Also Paige. Whatever happened to Paige's legs was obviously her mother's doing. I can only imagine the fear Paige has for her mother even if it doesn't show. Definitely a great aspect of the book.


message 6: by Kiana (new)

Kiana | 5 comments Let's read more!


message 7: by Alisha (new)

Alisha (aalishaa) yeah, to be quite honest I'm pretty scared of their mum myself haha


message 8: by Kiana (new)

Kiana | 5 comments Ya she kind of creeps me out I would not like to be stuck some were with her!


message 9: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Ross (verrisawkward) | 14 comments The really frightening thing about it is that schizophrenia is totally real and their are real people in our world who suffer from it.


message 10: by Alisha (new)

Alisha (aalishaa) yeah, to be quite honest I'm pretty scared of their mum myself haha


message 11: by Alisha (new)

Alisha (aalishaa) whoops, it sent twice... sorry for the notifications


message 12: by Ciara (new)

Ciara (-ciara) | 8 comments Mod
Guys, I love Penryn already, she's so kickass and self-reliant! AND HOW ABOUT THE A++ DIALOGUE, HUH? (I'm slightly ahead...oops) :D


message 13: by Cat (new)

Cat (moviesinmyhead) | 11 comments Penryn is a total BAMF! I love her. I also love that the angel isn't acting like a brooding weakling. And the mom's situation is so scary. The part where she messes with the dead body was really effective. Can't wait to read more!


message 14: by Kiana (new)

Kiana | 5 comments Ya the dead body! eeeee!
Omg when some guys are in the office building!


message 15: by Julia (new)

Julia (jewliaquanell) I'm interested to see how Penryn and the angel's relationship develops considering he's, in a way, protecting her at the end of Chapter 8..


message 16: by Cat (new)

Cat (moviesinmyhead) | 11 comments I'm guessing it will end up being romantic, but I hope they will still be snarky and antagonistic.


message 17: by Charlize (new)

Charlize (charlizer) | 18 comments Mod
Emmi wrote: "Guys the ending of Chapter 8! Somebody else agree that they want to read more!"

yes! I agree, this book is so suspenseful and every chapter ends on like a mini cliff hanger haha


message 18: by Charlize (new)

Charlize (charlizer) | 18 comments Mod
Veronica wrote: "I'm actually around chapter 30...oops! I will have to read other people's inputs before discussing my own so I know where everyone else is!"

you little over-achiever you! I would be ahead too if I didn't have so much homework :( I'm actually probably going to fall behind today because it's 1:20pm on sunday and I'm still on chaper 9, damn you school!


message 19: by Charlize (new)

Charlize (charlizer) | 18 comments Mod
Kiana wrote: "Ya she kind of creeps me out I would not like to be stuck some were with her!"

she's pretty tough, I think it has something to do with her mum


message 20: by Charlize (new)

Charlize (charlizer) | 18 comments Mod
Guys what do you think about Penryn's mum? I hope we get more into what she did that caused Paige to be in a wheelchair, what do you guys think? And also is it just me that thinks there is going to be like a love intrest between Penryn and this sassy ass angel? I love this angel ahahhaah I love how in chapter 8 he's like "leaking sacks of mutated maggots?" and then Penryn is like "as if I've just failed my verbal insult exam" hahahaha and the angel was like: "like a monkey with an attitude and a pair of scissors" hahahahahaha I actually laughed at that bit :')


message 21: by Charlize (new)

Charlize (charlizer) | 18 comments Mod
Tyler wrote: "Her mother's illness is a very different thing to read about for me. The part where she stabbed an intruder with the six butter knifes, purposely missing the heart so he'll slowly bleed to death wa..."

I completely agree with you on this I love this darker aspect of the book, it's obvious that the mum has a lot of layers to her and I like how she talks about her "demons", it is really interesting


message 22: by Ciara (new)

Ciara (-ciara) | 8 comments Mod
Charlize wrote: "Guys what do you think about Penryn's mum? I hope we get more into what she did that caused Paige to be in a wheelchair, what do you guys think? And also is it just me that thinks there is going to..."

THAT was the exact part where I stopped reading and went "...am I gonna start shipping this?"

And Penryn's mom gives me the creeps. The part with the butter knives and pentagram was pretty messed up. But I thought it was sort of funny when Penryn was talking about the "I'm-crazier-and-scarier-than-you" and how her mom was their secret weapon.


message 23: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (aftercoffeewithjess) | 4 comments i had to force myself to stop so i wouldn't be ahead. i was intrigued right away.

Does it seem like Penryn has a less extreme version of schizophrenia too, because she was seeing things that weren't there at one point, right? or is that just because she's emotionally scarred from things that have happened in the past with her mom? does anyone know what i'm talking about? lol.

i think there will definitely be a love interest between them.and i am 100% for that! haha

i've never read an angel book before so i don't know what other ones are like but i wasn't expecting the angels to be enemy type things. interested to know more about the angels.


message 24: by Charlize (new)

Charlize (charlizer) | 18 comments Mod
Jessica wrote: "i had to force myself to stop so i wouldn't be ahead. i was intrigued right away.

Does it seem like Penryn has a less extreme version of schizophrenia too, because she was seeing things that were..."


I'm really not sure I've been finding it a bit hard to concentrate so I might have missed that bit but I'm the same I've never read an angel book before and I'm really liking how the angels have been done in this book so far it's really cool


message 25: by Kiana (new)

Kiana | 5 comments Ya I have never read a book with angels!
And I think how the angels are bad is different and leave room for so much more!
I also wonder if the moms Demond thing is going to go any further!


message 26: by Charlize (new)

Charlize (charlizer) | 18 comments Mod
Kiana wrote: "Ya I have never read a book with angels!
And I think how the angels are bad is different and leave room for so much more!
I also wonder if the moms Demond thing is going to go any further!"


I hope they do take it further!


message 27: by Cat (new)

Cat (moviesinmyhead) | 11 comments I think they will develop the demon thing more. If only because the cover for the next book looks like it has demons wings


message 28: by Charlize (new)

Charlize (charlizer) | 18 comments Mod
Catie wrote: "I think they will develop the demon thing more. If only because the cover for the next book looks like it has demons wings"

ohhhh yes that is true! I didn't think about that


message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I was so confused in the first 3 chapters. I didn't read the synopsis so I had no clue what it was about.


message 30: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Ross (verrisawkward) | 14 comments I've only read one other angel book before and I absolutely hated it so I was very afraid going into this one. But I'm so glad I did! I like these angels a little more than I expected to.


message 31: by Kiana (new)

Kiana | 5 comments Ya !!! I did not think about how the second books cover looks like demon wings! I really hope they do! It would make the story that much better with angels and demons! But I think that maybe the angels are angle demons just because they are bad. And oooo I forget his name! And I don't have the book rite now! But the angle with no wings now he mentioned some thing about how he might not be from heaven!


message 32: by Megan (new)

Megan (whatisamegan) | 1 comments Mod
Yessss. I was eh about the first chapter or two of the book. I normally don't like Angel books, but this is growing on me more and more. I am really intrigued by Penryn's mom disorder and character as a whole. I want to know more about her background and demons.


message 33: by Ciara (new)

Ciara (-ciara) | 8 comments Mod
I wonder if the demons that Penryn's mom sees are due to her disorder or are actual demons... or maybe I've just been watching too much Teen Wolf O__O


message 34: by Bianca I. (new)

Bianca I. (isnardib) I thought that the part where Penryn was like "omg go away mom, I'm talking to my demon now" was at the same time pretty funny and pretty creepy... I couldn't imagine having to live with someone who claimed they did things because of demons telling them to or to keep them at bay when there are already so many tangible things threatening us both, knowing full well you can't even blame them since they're sick. I hope things will turn put for the best... as of right now I'm pretty intrigued by the whole story!


message 35: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 3 comments Mod
Ciara wrote: "I wonder if the demons that Penryn's mom sees are due to her disorder or are actual demons... or maybe I've just been watching too much Teen Wolf O__O"

At first I thought maybe there were actual demons around and then I was like ooooohhhhh. Possibly too much Teen Wolf. Well you can never have to much Teen Wolf, but still.


message 36: by Charlize (new)

Charlize (charlizer) | 18 comments Mod
Megan wrote: "Yessss. I was eh about the first chapter or two of the book. I normally don't like Angel books, but this is growing on me more and more. I am really intrigued by Penryn's mom disorder and character..."

I was the same at first I was like ehhhhhh writing style but now I'm liking it a lot :D


message 37: by Charlize (new)

Charlize (charlizer) | 18 comments Mod
Bianca wrote: "I thought that the part where Penryn was like "omg go away mom, I'm talking to my demon now" was at the same time pretty funny and pretty creepy... I couldn't imagine having to live with someone wh..."

I agree with that, I thought that bit was really interesting


back to top