What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Man whose face no one can remember until he meets a woman at a restaurant

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 2 comments There is some sort of immortal--I think a vampire--who lives in England. He comes to the States for some sort of meeting because someone is murdering Council members. For some reason, no one can remember his face for more than a couple of seconds after he's gone. He sees a woman being attacked and helps her. She invites him to have dinner at her restaurant as a thank you, and even though he doesn't think she'll remember him he goes. However, she does remember him. There's something about her being in danger, too, and there's a fight on her front lawn, I think. Also, I'm pretty sure that the guy's name starts with an L.
I read it about five years ago, probably.
Also, it was most likely the first book in a series, but I can't be sure.
Sorry, I know this isn't much.
Thank you for any help, though!

message 2: by Sue (last edited Feb 09, 2014 10:42PM) (new)

Sue Elleker | 821 comments One of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series has a man who can only be remembered by members of his bloodline.

"Wulf is a Viking warrior whose recklessness brought him into contact with Morginne, a powerful Dark-Huntress. She tricked him into trading souls with her.

He is the only Dark-Hunter who was never granted an Act of Vengeance. And since he was wrongfully brought over by another Dark-Hunter, his powers are very different from the rest of his brethren. The most curious power of all, is that of amnesia. No human or animal is capable of remembering him five minutes after they leave his presence. The only exceptions to that are those who bear the blood of his original Squire.

Since the only out-clause for a Dark-Hunter is the love of a human, and no human is capable of remembering him (and by the Code of a Dark-Hunter, no Hunter can be physically or romantically involved with his Squire), Wulf, alone, is doomed to an eternity of Hunting."

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Brien | 151 comments Kiss of the Night for the link to the book Sue suggests.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 2 comments Thanks guys! This book looks really cool, but it's not the same one I was thinking of.
It did help me to remember that the one I can't remember focuses a lot on the male character's backstory at the very beginning, before him and the girl even meet.
Thank you for your help, though! I've read a few other books in Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series, but not this one, yet. I'm definitely going to look it up now, though.
Thanks again for your help, Sue and Barbara!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39865 comments Mod
Andrea, are you still looking for this?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39865 comments Mod
No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.