Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Help! Kindle Question

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Stone | 33 comments I absolutely love my kindle and I have had it for a year now. I was wondering if anyone out there knew if you could make folders to put books that could be locked or gidden. The reason I'm asking is my 3 year has become interested in reading off my kindle, which I'm happy about and love the fact she wants to read. I would rather her not see the cover of some of mommy's book. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments Which version do you have?

message 3: by Karma♥Bites ^.~ (last edited Feb 09, 2014 11:23PM) (new)

Karma♥Bites ^.~ (karma_bites) | 62 comments Tara, it could be different for newer models but FWIW, for K3/Keyboard, folders (aka 'Collection' in Kindle lingo) can't be locked. Only the device itself.

(And I *totally* understand about certain of mummy's books being 'for your eyes only' ^.~)

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments Create a collection and put your books in it. She can still see the cover if she opens the collection but at least they won't be obvious from first opening the device.

You can also store the collection in the cloud after creating them so she can't open them but can see the collection (not the covers) and would have to download them in order to have access to them.

message 5: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle (shelleyenglish) | 31 comments If you have the Fire HDX series there is a parental lock that lets you set up which books your kids have access to.

message 6: by Tara (new)

Tara Stone | 33 comments Dawn wrote: "Which version do you have?"

I have the kindle Fire HD and how do you make a collection?