Casual Readers discussion

The Rosie Project (Don Tillman, #1)
This topic is about The Rosie Project
Buddy Reads > looking for someone to read "The Rosie Project" with

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mollydee | 63 comments I am only 16 percent in. I am not into romance novels but this got such good reviews all over. Plus I promised my blog readers I would read at least one romance book for Valentine's Day. It does not have to be read by then. So if anyone wants to read it with me or if you are reading it I can catch up. I can never seem to do the buddy read. I had one guy and he caught up to me and liked the book so much he finished it! I was upset. I hope someone will read this with me. That would be cool

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm sure someone will jump in and read it with you Mollydee. Thanks for posting!

Mollydee | 63 comments Cindy wrote: "I'm sure someone will jump in and read it with you Mollydee. Thanks for posting!"

I hope so. I have been wanting to try this buddy read since I joined in Sept 2013. I had a best friend that moved away and we used to read all the same books. I miss that. My husband does not read and my mom does but we lend each other book. We are not going to buy two books! lol! Maybe that will be my Valentine's present. :)

Angie | 623 comments I've just downloaded it. It was only 99 pence to get a kindle copy. I'll try and read it with you Mollydee;-) I'll get the first couple of chapters read a little later on.

Mollydee | 63 comments Angie wrote: "I've just downloaded it. It was only 99 pence to get a kindle copy. I'll try and read it with you Mollydee;-) I'll get the first couple of chapters read a little later on."

awesome Angie! That would be nice. I am on chapter seven so I will wait for you. You just message me here. I will get it. Cool! Maybe this will work for a change lol!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes! Told you someone would jump in there.

Mollydee | 63 comments Cindy wrote: "Yes! Told you someone would jump in there."

You Cindy I was going to write you right after that but I knew you were thinking it. I am very excited. What a great way to meet new friends. A lot of my friends went over to booklikes and I do not know why. I love goodreads the best! I just really hope this works out. I still will always miss my friend who moved away. I think I mentioned it that we would always read the same book together. She has kids now, I dont, she moved, we do not talk much. My mom and I cannot read the same book at the same time. My hubby doesnt read. But if this does not work out, I will seek out some other people. Not being negative but I really want to do a buddy read so I have to be more active. Thanks again!

Angie | 623 comments Hopefully nthis will work out well for you. I love taking part in group and buddy reads:) I'm just opening this one now, I need something lighthearted after reading Girl A

Malina I just finished this book a few weeks ago, I really enjoyed it, hope you do as well!

Mollydee | 63 comments Malina wrote: "I just finished this book a few weeks ago, I really enjoyed it, hope you do as well!"

Thanks Malina for the information. It is good so far. I believe I will really enjoy it. :)

Angie | 623 comments I'm only just at the point where Don is trying to get his questenare up and running but I have to say I love him already. I'm reading more of this for the next couple of hours so I'll be up to date by then:)

Angie | 623 comments This book is so making me laugh!Don's decided to help Rosie so he can continue his experiment but the way he deals with things is just insane. And his friend deserved to get raw chilli in his sandwich,lol

Were are you up to?

Angie | 623 comments New York...(view spoiler)

Angie | 623 comments (view spoiler) Don just cracks me up:o Such an unusual lead man for a romance book. I think that's the reason I love this book so much:)

Mollydee | 63 comments Angie wrote: "[spoilers removed] Don just cracks me up:o Such an unusual lead man for a romance book. I think that's the reason I love this book so much:)"

yes back to a previous comment he is an unusual leading man. Let me know when you get to chapter seven. It is good right? I mean I want to know how this turns out!

Angie | 623 comments The whole jacket insident was great. Don comparing his to the greeter at the restraunt was brilliant. Then his showing of of his akido was even better! But he's got a real attraction to Rosie I think. Even to the extent of changing his routine.

I'm not sure of Gene though. I think his advice his to Don is wrong.

Mollydee | 63 comments Angie wrote: "The whole jacket insident was great. Don comparing his to the greeter at the restraunt was brilliant. Then his showing of of his akido was even better! But he's got a real attraction to Rosie I thi..."

Me too. I was surprised at that regarding Gene. But I LOVED the whole jacket thing. I was laughing out loud for real. The speed dating was great too. SOO Funny!

message 18: by Dana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dana ****Reads Alot**** This book was absolutely my favorite. Don just cracked me up in so many ways. Rosie was hilarious. I would love to see this become a movie.

Angie | 623 comments It would work so good as a movie!! Not any big fancy special effects film, just a nice ROM com. I'd go and see it:D. Have you got up to the cocktail part yet Mollydee? Don could but Tom Cruise to shame!!

Mollydee | 63 comments Angie wrote: "It would work so good as a movie!! Not any big fancy special effects film, just a nice ROM com. I'd go and see it:D. Have you got up to the cocktail part yet Mollydee? Don could but Tom Cruise to s..."

I must have misunderstood. I have not been reading, waiting for you. I was waiting til you got to chapter seven. I do not remember a cocktail party so let me know where you are at so we can talk about it. And so far, yes this would be a great movie. It is such a much talked about book and love story, I think they will. And no offense, but anyone puts Tom Cruise to shame lol!

Angie | 623 comments I agree with you completely about Tom Cruise, lol. I'm just past the cocktail part so I'll wait for you now. I thought you'd started reading again. Its such a good book:D

Mollydee | 63 comments Angie wrote: "I agree with you completely about Tom Cruise, lol. I'm just past the cocktail part so I'll wait for you now. I thought you'd started reading again. Its such a good book:D"

Okay sorry about the miscommunication. I have tour books to read but I am going to do what I was already doing and sneak in chapters here and there lol! No I was not reading I was waiting for you. Okay I will probably read tonight so when I get to a cocktail party I will let you know. Yeah I think even in the short seven chapters why it is such a talked about book. I will catch up with you soon dont worry!

Mollydee | 63 comments Angie wrote: "I agree with you completely about Tom Cruise, lol. I'm just past the cocktail part so I'll wait for you now. I thought you'd started reading again. Its such a good book:D"

I just wanted to let you know I made some coffee. I am juggling about seven book now lol! But I just read chapters and and nine and omg..the lobster was funny. And the fact that he keeps referring to "The Jacket Incident" is funny. I like Rosie.

Hi Angie.I hope you did not finish the book! I have not been feeling well. I got to the cocktail party. WHAT A HOOT! He is like so funny and doesn't know it. And everything is a project. I think Rosie likes him. I am to the part now where he is taking dance lessons after finding Bianca. I intend to read today. I am about 40 percent in. Let me know how you are doing and we can talk. HUGS!

Angie | 623 comments Sorry I didn't come back here!! I finished reading this a while back and it was such a good book:D one of the funniest I've read in quite a while as well. The bit where the cocktail party happens was just so funny,lol. Its brilliant that he was offered a permanent job by the boss:) Where are you up to Mollydee?

Mollydee | 63 comments Angie wrote: "Sorry I didn't come back here!! I finished reading this a while back and it was such a good book:D one of the funniest I've read in quite a while as well. The bit where the cocktail party happens w..."

I figured you read it. It is hard to do things with how sick I am a lot of the time. I am trying to remember where I left off. After the dinner party. Maybe ten percent past there. I think they just got to New York. Well it was nice of you to offer to read a book. If you want I can try it again. Tell me what you are reading. I promised myself, because I am not reading what I want to read that after June *when I am book until* that I am going to not do book tours anymore. Just blitzes and cover reveals. If I want to read the book on my own I will. I meet a lot of great authors on the tours. Anyway yes Rosie falls into that category of a great romantic comedy. So well done now I know why it is so popular. Why I was seeing it on so many lists! KIT.....

Mollydee | 63 comments Angie wrote: "[spoilers removed] Don just cracks me up:o Such an unusual lead man for a romance book. I think that's the reason I love this book so much:)"

AGREED!