Book Haven discussion

Specific authors > Philippa Gregory

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 617 comments LOVED The Other Boleyn Girl The Queen's Fool The Constant Princess.

On my to read list is The Boleyn Inheritance

I started The Virgin's Lover and never got through it. Did anyone think that one was any good?

message 2: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
Lisa Anne wrote: "LOVED The Other Boleyn Girl The Queen's Fool The Constant Princess.

On my to read list is The Boleyn Inheritance

I started The Virgi..."</i>

[book:The White Queen A Novel
comes out on August 18. 2009. I saw that on a different site, and thought I should let you know. :)

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 617 comments Thanks! :)

message 4: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
Lisa Anne wrote: "Thanks! :) "

It's supposed to be the first book in a new series... Hopefully it's good! :)

message 5: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 286 comments The Wideacre Trilogy is good too!...these were some of the first books she wrote (i think).

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 617 comments I own the first book in the Wideacre triology, but haven't gotten around to picking it up yet.

message 7: by SoBeA (new)

SoBeA (sobe1982) | 39 comments Lisa Anne wrote: "...I started The Virgin's Lover and never got through it. Did anyone think that one was any good? "

I read The Other Boleyn Girl and loved it... Then I read the Virgin's Lover and haven't been able to picked up a Gregory book since.

I'm hoping that once I forget I ever read it, I'll be able to try some of her other books but for now she's a no-go for me.

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) I've read The Other Boleyn Girl and The Boleyn Inheritance. I loved both and want to read more of her. I currently own the second in the Wideacres series. I bought it not know it was part of a series or that it was the 2nd one :( I hate when books are not specific about that.

message 9: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 286 comments I think you'd really need to read Wideacre before The Favored Child.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 617 comments Has anyone read Wise Woman? I bought it at a used book store ages ago, but it looks so different from her regular books that I've been hesitant to pick it up.

message 11: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 286 comments The title rings a bell with me, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was about or if I read it....there's no blurb on here and nearly everyone gave it between 1 and 2 stars, but that's not to say it's not good, just perhapes comparing it to later stuff that shes written.

message 12: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 286 comments If anyone is interested Philippa appeared on BBC Morning News Programme to day (tuesday 18th) to talk about her new book...the interview was towards the end of the programme which runs for about 2 hrsso would be at about 9.00 GMT.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I have read quite a few of Philippa Gregory's books. I enjoyed them all, especially the "Wideacre" trilogy.