What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. girl trying to rescue somone in a parellel universe

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Willow (new)

Willow | 2 comments I only remember a few snippets from this (fantasy?) book, and it's been bothering me for years. Here are a couple of random details I remember:

-girl creates mental haven or "secret garden" that has some kind of "thought ship" docked in it
-girl uses this thought ship to travel and try to save someone else trapped in a parallel universe
-I believe there are scenes where she is sitting in front of a fireplace reading about this missing person who ends up being the person she is trying to rescue?
-there may be a scene where this girl is in the alternate universe walking on cat-walks high in the air trying to rescue this other person
-I thought this book was named something like "Of Two Minds," but that seems to be a different novel altogether (by Carol Matas)

I know that's all extremely vague, I think I read this book at least ten years ago. I've been trying to remember it for ages, so any input would be much appreciated! Thank you!!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5013 comments Here is a book with a title similar to "Of Two Minds."

Being of Two Minds

Willow, was this book geared towards adults, teens, or children?

Do you remember any other characters? Were there any sci-fi or fantasy creatures like aliens, witches, dragons, etc?

message 3: by Willow (new)

Willow | 2 comments I was probably 12-15 when I read it, so perhaps YA? There were no outstanding sci-fi or fantasy creatures that I recall, only humans with exceptional mind capabilities. I typically read sci-fi and fantasy, so I would guess that this book was no exception. My apologies for not remembering more details, and thanks for helping with my quest!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Willow, are you still looking for this?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Willow, are you still looking for this?"

No response in 3+ yrs. Moving to Abandoned.