Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

If Peeta had died in QQ, do you think Katniss would've gone psychotic?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shauna I think she would have saved Finnick. I don't know if she would have bothered to win, if so I'd say the only thing that would of kept her going would be Prim. She would definitely be at a very low point so I'd say she would of definitely been thinking about letting someone kill her, but in the end I'm not sure if she would.

Kristen I think she would have blamed herself, but I honestly think she would have had an easier time with him dying at that point than what happens to him later. Katniss was used to death. She learned early on to move on when someone dies. And at that point, she wasn't as attached to Peeta as she was later.
It still probably would have messed her up a little, but she would have moved on and survived for herself and for Prim.

Jack Ronan She only was attached to Peeta because of the game makers and that one guy send a letter in a "bottle" saying to practically love her. (In the first movie)

Kristen No, she became attached to Peeta because he saved her life when she was younger and then again in the Games. And he was her only ally for the hardest, most scary time of her life.
The stuff for the Games was all an act.

Amanda I believe she would survive, but for Prim only. She would make it home. But once the games were over, she would have been driven insane. Somewhere in the first book, she states something along the lines of "If Peeta dies, I will never go home. I will forever be trying to escape this arena within my mind."

And for Prim, she would continue to live. But I don't believe she would ever be happy again. Her relationship with Gale would fall apart. And once Prim married and her mother died, perhaps she would let her slip into a sort of coma, (like she did in Mockingjay), and die in her sorrows.

virrr Well, She might have kept on going because of Prim, but she might not have won. Or killed herself, wich is not probably going to ever be in her mind. But then she was being rescued, so it would be hard for her to be able to do so. Though she would probably actually make it.

virrr Amanda wrote: "I believe she would survive, but for Prim only. She would make it home. But once the games were over, she would have been driven insane. Somewhere in the first book, she states something along the..."

Yeah, great answer. THAT is more like the sort of thing Katniss would do. But what about the rebellion? They where planning to rescue her from the arena...

Amanda Well, she may have accepted the role of the Mockingjay anyway. Remember the keep away game with Buttercup? She said as long as Snow kept him alive, but just out of her reach, she would be immobilized with fret. But if he killed Peeta, she would have a good cry, and then move on.

Without Peeta at that point in the series, Katniss would still have tried to kill President Snow, Prim would have been killed, Katniss would have shot Coin, and she would have been put on trial. I believe she would have truly gone crazy during her trial. Without Gale, Prim, or Peeta by her side, she would not be willing to continue living.

message 9: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml I think she would have gotten herself killed. She couldn't think without him. And he became her driving force for becoming the mockingjay. By the time the QQ happens he's the most important person to her. Even more than Prim which is really a big deal. If he wasn't the most important, than she wouldn't have been trying to save him.

Veronica Christina wrote: "Or do you think she'll allow someone to kill herself?

Sorry if I spelled psychotic wrong. I mean QQ as in the Quarter Quell.

Throughout the QQ, she spent all of her time trying to save Peeta and ..."

their romance was a sham to begin with. so i think she would be relieved that she finally end it.

message 11: by Dawn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn Kristen wrote: "No, she became attached to Peeta because he saved her life when she was younger and then again in the Games. And he was her only ally for the hardest, most scary time of her life.
The stuff for th..."

I totally agree!

message 12: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma I think that she would have fallen in love with Gale but Katnis would still love Peeta and be depressed that he died.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with Brynn but she would also have been very depressed and after what gale did she would have probably tried to kill herself.

Lilly She would have died totally first gone psychotic then died. Peeta in all reality was the only thing that actually kept her alive. Aside from Prim forget her for a moment. Peeta gave her someone to live for.

message 15: by Princessgeena (new)

Princessgeena She would've lost her mind at first probably trying to kill everyone around her. She has lots of rage. The rebels knew this and that's why they sacrificed others to keep Peeta alive and did everything they could to save him.

I dont think she would have survived for Prim when she was willing to die in order to keep Peeta alive. He had to live no matter what.

Maj-Britt Finnick would have told her about the Mockingjay rebellion and tried to keep her alive

Lindy Pasco Katniss, would never have been the same if Peeta died, I doubt that she would even have been able to think straight, if Peeta died she would be driven to kill as many as possible or be killed, she went into the QQ knowing that in order to save Peeta she would never see her family again, and she excepted that, Peeta was most important to her then, and if she did make it out she would draw into herself,she would always be in her own mind, trying to save Peeta. If she did become the mockingjay it would have been only for Peeta, as revenge for what happened to him, she would not have cared about the mission, and might even have ended up getting herself killed!

I think in a way she has always loved Peeta, the boy with the bread, but in the games her love for him became something stronger, Peeta became more than just the the boy with the bread, he became someone she could trust to be there at the worst times!

Madison No I don't think she'd have cared

Lizzie What makes you think she wouldn't have cared? In that one part where he almost died, she went all insane.

Kayla Holsinger I think that she would have been sort of messed up for a little while but I think that as soon as she got back to Gale and her family she would get over it. I think that she would be different but I also think that Gale would have been able to help her a lot