Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > A book with copious problems

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (last edited Feb 08, 2014 07:52PM) (new)

Nicole (radiantserenechaos) | 7 comments Another by Yukito Ayatsuji's pages are quite a mess with lots of different version combined together that shouldn't be, and stray editions that should be combined with some of the ones incorrectly combined with the main book. I'm not sure how to fix these mistakes myself, and I think a super librarian has to fix some of the problems, so help would be appreciated.

Another was first published in Japanese as one book in 2009 (hardcover, paperback, and a duplicate of the paperback). It was then split into two books and re-released in Japanese in 2011 (I think this is the first part and the second part, but I'm not positive). Then it was published in English in two parts and released only electronically (Part 1: ebook, kindle, duplicate kindle; Part 2: ebook, kindle, duplicate kindle).

In addition to the prose novel/s, a manga adaptation was released in 5 volumes in Japan (first volume). When released in English, it was released as one omnibus physically and electronically (paperback, kindle, ebook, duplicate of the paperback)

If someone could fix these up, that would be awesome!

message 2: by Deon (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3411 comments ok, i think i got it
how is it now?

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (radiantserenechaos) | 7 comments The only problem left that I see is that for this book, the editions with the pink and purple covers are the graphic novel and the ones with half of a face on the cover are the novel.

message 4: by Deon (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3411 comments I have separated those out and added notes to these books in hope to avoid someone combining them back.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (radiantserenechaos) | 7 comments Thanks for fixing everything!