Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Choirboys
This topic is about The Choirboys
Page Numbering Requests > Page number correction

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matt (new) - added it

Matt | 21 comments Hi, I am looking at the first edition hardcover by the Delacorte Press in front of me. The correct number of pages is 306.
Here is more info:
0440053633 (ISBN13: 9780440053637)

Thanks,

Matt

message 2: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4... is your copy. Worldcat disagrees with the numbering - can you say what comes after page 306?

(And thanks for linking the other one in the topic - grabbed the missing information for that one)

message 3: by Matt (last edited Feb 08, 2014 05:24PM) (new) - added it

Matt | 21 comments Hello Emy. You're welcome. Yes, that is my copy. It is a library book. I am in physical possession of it. After page 306 are several blank pages. I see no evidence of vandalism or anything else that would lead to me to conclude there are any missing pages. Let me know if you need anything else.

message 4: by Emy (last edited Feb 08, 2014 05:22PM) (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments Very strange - I can't see how 40 pages would vanish that thoroughly, even in a mutilated library copy! Change made, but with note just in case.

I did notice that that edition was released twice with a very similar cover - does yours have the "A novel by the author of the Onion Tree" on the dust jacket? If so, the reissue might have had less pages but the same ISBN.

message 5: by Matt (last edited Feb 08, 2014 05:26PM) (new) - added it

Matt | 21 comments It is confusing because there are two similar editions...perhaps one is a duplicate? The author also wrote "The Onion Field", but there is no mention of that on the cover of my copy.

message 6: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments Then you have the edition linked above, so not to worry. The publisher reissued that ISBN with a very similar cover but the extra wording, that was all :)

message 7: by Matt (new) - added it

Matt | 21 comments You are very thorough! Thanks so much.