Flights of Fantasy discussion

Books & Discussions > Amazon Must Read 100 Books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily (ohmagichour) | 510 comments What do you guys think of this list from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=cm_sw_r_f...

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee | 939 comments Well... although I do like that they included contemporary titles, I do see more than a few that I would've left off any best of list. But I think I'll keep which ones to myself.

message 3: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 2023 comments I'm just happy Harry Potter is on the list. Yes, I love the series that much, even though I don't know when I'll reread it.

Little House being there brings a smile to my face as well.

Heh..I tried to read Beloved, shortly after it won the Pulitzer (I was in my mid teens). I didn't get very far. Something about the story scared the bejesus out of me. I've always meant to try again. I wonder if its even on my shelf here.. I'll have to go and look.

It is certainly an interesting list.

message 4: by Lee (new)

Lee | 939 comments I tried watching the movie Beloved and it scared me too much, I turned it off. There is something definitely creepy about it. It's one of those books I do want to read though.

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie M. (wyspergrove) | 20 comments Pullman made the list, but C.S Lewis did not . :( Pullman is supposed to be a dark Lewis..

I am glad Tolkien made the list. :)