Q & A with Janalyn Voigt discussion

Q & A > Q&A Thread

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janalyn (last edited Feb 08, 2014 10:25AM) (new)

Janalyn Voigt (janalynvoigt) | 16 comments Mod
This is the thread for Q & A session on Tales of Faeraven. Please comment only in this thread (rather than starting a new topic) so we don't wind up with multiple threads to check. Remember to refresh your browser to see new updates. So what's your question?

message 2: by Janalyn (new)

Here's my question: Here's mine: Did reading either DawnSinger or Wayfarer prompt you to think about anything in your life?

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments I haven't read wayfarer yet, but I was completely captivated by the imagery in dawnsinger!

message 4: by Janalyn (new)

Thank you, Jessica. I'm so glad you enjoyed reading DawnSinger.

Do you have a question?

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments I would be interested to hear which character was your favorite and why?

message 6: by Janalyn (new)

Kai, the hero of DawnSinger is my favorite because he is focused on honor, despite challenges.

message 7: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Reynolds | 2 comments Like Jessica, I've yet to read Wayfarer. I did enjoy Dawnsinger. I loved the imagery and the fascinating creatures in the book, but I'll admit I didn't think about anything in my life with that story.

message 8: by Janalyn (last edited Feb 08, 2014 11:17AM) (new)

That's okay, Jeff. I wondered if the allegory was noticeable. The main thing I offer readers is escape into adventure. Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed DawnSinger.

message 9: by Lynnette (new)

Lynnette Bonner (lynnettebonner) | 4 comments Sorry, I've been out. Just getting in. I know the story of book 3 came to you as you were telling your daughter a story in the car. Tell us how books 1 and 2 came about.

message 10: by Janalyn (last edited Feb 08, 2014 11:19AM) (new)

Hi, Lynnette. In my early attempts to write the story that is now becoming book three in the series, I couldn't find a good starting point. I kept having to back up because the back story was so intriguing. So, essentially I rewound into those stories. :)

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments So book 2 is just now out, any word on when book 3 will be out?

message 12: by Janalyn (new)

My writing of book 3 was interrupted by the launch for book 2, but I'm nearly finished with it and ready to submit it to my publisher. They assign a release date and tell me when it will be, so I'm not absolutely certain but I suspect it will be either later in 2014 or early next year.

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Coleman | 3 comments There are two story lines in Wayfarer that make me wonder if their thread will be picked up in book three. I won't say what they are as I don't want to spoil it for future readers. I am hoping we were 'mis-led' by events in book two so those characters will be revisited. Any chance of that happening?

message 14: by Janalyn (new)

Hi, Sharon. You're not the only one who has asked me that. :D All story threads will be tied up in book three.

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Coleman | 3 comments I understand if you can't answer without giving away book three. I am glad however, to hear that there is going to be a book three.

message 16: by Janalyn (new)

Oh, yes. That was the original story. Books one and two came about as the back story for book three demanded to be told.

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Coleman | 3 comments I will be first in line!

message 18: by Janalyn (new)

Aw, that's sweet, Sharon. Thanks.

message 19: by Lynnette (new)

Lynnette Bonner (lynnettebonner) | 4 comments Do you read a lot of fantasy? I know your fantasy world is so well painted. How do you come up with some of the beautiful descriptions of lands you've never seen?

message 20: by Janalyn (last edited Feb 08, 2014 11:44AM) (new)

Thanks, Lynnette. It's funny you should ask me that, becuase I just answered this question on the John 3:16 Marketing Network's blog today. I had to 'fess up to not reading many fantasy authors outside Tolkien and Lewis. Blame my fantasy worlds on an active imagination, I guess. :o) In the J3:16 post, I also give my picks on which speculative fiction and fantasy books I've either read or plan to read. Here's the link, if you're interested in reading it: http://john316mn.blogspot.com/2014/02...

message 21: by Lynnette (new)

Lynnette Bonner (lynnettebonner) | 4 comments I've wanted to read the Eric Wilson books, also. And my boys enjoyed Donita K. Paul's Dragon books.

message 22: by Janalyn (new)

You know, I found Donita K. Paul's dragon books hard to get into, but then I had no choice but to read one of her novels for a contest I was judging. Afterwards, I became her fan on Goodreads. I had to give her her due.

message 23: by Lynnette (new)

Lynnette Bonner (lynnettebonner) | 4 comments Well, it's been nice chatting with you! Congrats on the success of the launch!

message 24: by Janalyn (new)

Thanks to all who participated in today's chat. If you think of anything else to ask, you can contact me either here on Goodreads or through the contact form at my website: http://janalynvoigt.com/about-janalyn...

message 25: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Townsend-Lyon (authorcatherine-townsend_lyon) | 1 comments Oh Janalyn,

I'm sorry that I had the time difference off! It loks like it went well. I wish you much Success on the launch of the book, and I'll add them to my book list TO READ!

Hugs & Blessings,
Author, Catherine Townsend-Lyon

message 26: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Hartmann | 3 comments Sorry I had to miss the Q&A, Janalyn. I hadn't taken into consideration the time difference. It ended up that it all happened at the same time as our local St. Louis Christian writers' group.