Photography discussion

Ice: Portraits of Vanishing Glaciers
This topic is about Ice
Ice and Chasing Ice

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

William Ash | 4 comments If you are interested in visualizing the issue of climate change, there is no better book. It is a really dense book with photographs covering large distances in both space and time. I would also recommend seeing the documentary video about the making of this work chasing Ice.

If you are interested in just amazing nature photography, it is also well worth a read. James Balog has done some great projects and this represents his largest and most ambition one to date.

message 2: by Jaime (new)

Jaime F.  | 1 comments Thank you for the recommendation. I love books with nature and scenery photos as well other topics. If you happen to know what book is best, I need to find a book about USA in photos, do you know any leads?
Thanks.
Jaime F

William Ash | 4 comments Well, that is a really broad category, the US. What I would do is start with photographers. If you like portraiture and documentary works, then Richard Avadon's American West. Mary Ellen Mark is also a great photographer, but she does not work exclusively in the US, but has done great work here. For landscape, Eliot Porter, Clyde Butcher, Jack Dyinga, Mark Klett, Ansel Adams, but those styles are really diverse.