What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Best Time Travel Stories of the 20th Century
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. short story about creatures that move things forward in time [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin Alley | 3 comments It was a short story.. I think I read it in the late 90's?? Little creatures that move time forward. Sometimes they forget to move certain things and that's why you go to look for something and it's not there one minute and then it's there the next.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
This sounds like a good story. I always wondered what happened to several things.

I'm moving this to the Unsolved folder, where it will get more attention.

message 3: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (mcgraced) | 81 comments Was this a grade school story? It sounds like one we read in class. I wish I recalled more than that.

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin Alley | 3 comments Meredith wrote: "Was this a grade school story? It sounds like one we read in class. I wish I recalled more than that."

I don't think it was - I read it as an adult, but maybe it was in a collection of stories for young readers?

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin Alley | 3 comments Kate wrote: "This sounds like a good story. I always wondered what happened to several things.

I'm moving this to the Unsolved folder, where it will get more attention."

Thanks!! Yes, a friend and I always reference this when we look for something and its not there and then go back a minute later and there it is!~!

message 6: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 83 comments This sounds just like a New Twilight Zone episode titled A Matter of Minutes. I looked it up and it says it's based on a short story called Yesterday was Monday by Theodore Sturgeon. I'm not sure this is the story you're looking for as it was written in 1941.

message 7: by Andy (new) - added it

Andy Love | 2036 comments Kirstin wrote: "This sounds just like a New Twilight Zone episode titled A Matter of Minutes. I looked it up and it says it's based on a short story called Yesterday was Monday by Theodore Sturgeon. I'm not sure t..."

I agree that this sounds like "Yesterday was Monday" by Sturgeon. It has been collected many times (see list here http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cg...)

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
This is in The Best Time Travel Stories of the 20th Century. The "creatures" are men a little over 3 feet tall.
Moving to Solved.