Goodreads Developers discussion

questions > Problems with owned_books.create

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefan (new)

Stefan Tandecki | 4 comments Hello, I have a Problem with using the owned_books.create API, you might shed some light on... I successfully logged on using OAuth and api/auth and owned_books/user work like a charm. But when I try to add a book using owned_books.create by POSTing to http://www.goodreads.com/owned_books.xml I always get a "401 Unauthorized" as result. Is there anything Special (besides OAuth) to consider when using that part of the API? Thanks in advance, Stefan

message 2: by Stefan (new)

Stefan Tandecki | 4 comments sorry for bothering, but isn't there just anybody using that API? I'd really appreciate getting some help here to use that... Stefan

message 3: by Ettore (new)

Ettore Pasquini Hi Stefan, I'm going to look into it and report back once I have an answer.

message 4: by Stefan (new)

Stefan Tandecki | 4 comments any update on that?

message 5: by Stefan (new)

Stefan Tandecki | 4 comments still nothing? Is nobody using that API???

message 6: by Ettore (new)

Ettore Pasquini Hi Stefan, sorry for the delay. Our tests for that api check out, so I'm not sure what's happening. I know that there are some clients that have problems in submitting requests that include square brackets in parameters, so that could be something to look into: make sure the framework you're using to submit requests supports them. There are some posts in this forum that talk about that.