I Read Therefore I Am discussion

Boris Akunin
This topic is about Boris Akunin
Monthly Author > Feb 6th Boris Akunin - What did you think

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee (new)

Lee I've got about 50 pages into The Death of Achilles - but I think it's suffering in comparison to The Idiot. I like the main character but I just can't get in to story. I'm going to leave it until my brain is less full of The Idiot.

message 2: by Hilary (new)

Hilary | 2082 comments I'm just disappointed that my library reservation is taking so long. If it hasn't come by the middle of next week I thin I'll just buy it.

message 3: by Hilary (new)

Hilary | 2082 comments I decided this morning to ring the library and find out what had happened to this book as I was first in the queue when I reserved it 5/6 weeks ago.

Apparently, it hasn't been taken out for years so she said she would find out want had happened to it. It is supposed to be on one of the mobile library vans but when the driver checked it was missing, he hadn't noticed there was a reservation on it so he hadn't done anything. It's the only copy in the whole of Northumberland so that's that!

So frustrated as I really fancied it but I've already spent too much money on books this month already so I'm leaving it for the moment.

message 4: by Lee (new)

Lee What a pain - I wonder if it's being used to prop up a wobbley table or some such.

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jeoblivion) I've finished He Lover of Death, which is n°9 in the series the other day and quite enjoyed it. It is one of the books that really benefits from being read to you, so I am glad I got an audiobook version of it. There's something very old-school about his mysteries I find, or at least about the one I've read.

message 6: by Laurel (new)

Laurel | 1486 comments Mod
Yes I thought the same, was surprised at how recent they actually were.