The Sword and Laser discussion

Moth and Spark
This topic is about Moth and Spark
Moth and Spark Giveaway: "If you were a recently freed dragon, what's the first thing you'd do.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new)

Tom Merritt (tommerritt) | 1145 comments Mod
Hey all, Moth and Spark by Anne Leonardis coming out Feb. 20 so Viking press gave us 5 copies to giveaway! The book comes out Feb. 20, so we'll pick that day to announce a winner drawn at random from respondents to this thread.

Please answer the following: "If you were a recently freed dragon, what's the first thing you'd do?"

Listen to the show or check back on the 20th to find out who wins!

message 2: by Alfredo (new)

Alfredo | 62 comments I would fly to mount Everest and eat all the climbers!

message 3: by Kaleb (new)

Kaleb I'd burn my captors to ashes!!

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Catalfano (cattfish) Burninate the peasants.

message 5: by Liam (new)

Liam Johnstone (hadaad) | 27 comments My taxes. Probably, you'd get pretty behind on stuff like that if you were locked up for any extended period of time.

message 6: by Gary (new)

Gary Bremer | 21 comments I would thank Lady Trent for her mercy, and offer to help in her studies as repayment.

message 7: by Dharmakirti (new)

Dharmakirti | 942 comments Go make baby dragons.

message 8: by Paul (new)

Paul  Perry (pezski) | 488 comments I would soar majestically through the skies, revelling in the feel of the air rushing through my talons and the sun on my scales, then probably find somewhere to hide from how noisy the world had become during my incarceration...

Keidy | 525 comments I would fly far away up into the mountains, never to return and live a life of isolation.

message 10: by Dustin (last edited Feb 19, 2014 07:57AM) (new)

Dustin (tillos) | 365 comments Start a dragon based A-Team.

Joanna Chaplin | 1175 comments To paraphrase the joke about the 600 lb gorilla, whatever I wanted to. That aside, I'd probably try to create some scheme or plan to avoid being trapped and/or enslaved in the future.

message 12: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 50 comments Disneyland?

message 13: by Adam (new)

Adam Gutschenritter (heregrim) | 107 comments Create the world's best hoard as I take over Hostess's twinkie factory complete with secret recipe

message 14: by Chris (new)

Chris | 1 comments I guess I'd have to start building up a pile of gold!

message 15: by Nick (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments I would continue to help the Khaleesi in her mission to reclaim the Iron Throne!!! Isn't that what everyone does when Daenerys sets them free?

message 16: by Robert Wright (new)

Robert Wright | 1 comments Stretch my wings and fly.

message 17: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Auping | 1 comments I would go to the salon (or whatever dragon-folk call those) and have my scales dyed a bunch of pretty colors. And then I will eat the nearest village.

message 18: by Thane (new)

Thane | 476 comments Go to Hollywood and be in pictures!

message 19: by David(LA,CA) (new)

David(LA,CA) (davidscharf) | 327 comments Sue the Tolkien estate for defamation of character.

message 20: by Ty (new)

Ty Wilson (ShatterStar66) | 165 comments Crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their women. Oh wait...that's if I was a recently freed barbarian. As a dragon I'd probably raid Fort Knox to rebuild my stolen treasure horde.

message 21: by Gary (last edited Feb 07, 2014 10:28PM) (new)

Gary Two words: virgins.

You may have noted that that is one word. I will leave it up to your imagination to come up with the second.

message 22: by Walter (last edited Feb 08, 2014 12:12AM) (new)

Walter Spence (walterspence) | 707 comments Go have a chat with that Ged fellow and remind him that there's no such thing as a perfect contract. . . .

message 23: by Septima (new)

Septima Snape (septimasnape) | 4 comments burn Gringotts down and then stretch my wings an d feel the joy of flying

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan Visit cities, see the sights, scare some tourists.

message 25: by Belen (new)

Belen (belu) | 29 comments Burn a village or two and find a treasure to sleep on.

message 26: by Jonathon (new)

Jonathon Dez-la-lour (jd2607) | 173 comments I assume this is after I've incinerated and devoured those responsible for my capture and enslavement? Because that's totally the first thing I'd do and it's not very interesting. I mean, what dragon hasn't gone on a flame-powered rampage?

I'd travel the world and amuse the tourists by posing on famous landmarks. I mean who wouldn't want a photo of a dragon riding the Great Sphinx of Giza or the Sydney Opera House?

message 27: by Alcides (new)

Alcides I would fly to the coldest and hottest places on the planet to breath pure air :D

message 28: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2693 comments Obviously I'd listen to all of the Sword and Laser podcasts I missed while enslaved.

I'd kill my captors cause chaining me up was a total dick move. Then I'd stretch my wings out and fly to Loch Ness and freak people out by folding my wings up, getting in the water and pretending to be Nessie for a while. I'd need some laughs after being locked up for so long.

Lainey (ewriter91) | 22 comments World Domination and the establishment of a dragon based economy.

message 30: by John (new)

John | 2 comments Mate then seek my revenge

message 31: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6715 comments Mod
Become a ballet dancer, because no one would expect it.

message 32: by Julia (new)

Julia Rose | 4 comments I would take over an Irish Castle and randomly go out a burn farms.

Ruth (tilltab) Ashworth | 1861 comments Eat whatever idiots freed me. Hahaha! The look on their faces! I mean, really, what did they expect? Gratitude? *smirks*

message 34: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 588 comments Find a nice tropical island to take over and spend my days in the sun.

message 35: by Björn (new)

Björn | 6 comments Same thing I would do from that day on... Try to take over the world ;)

message 36: by Brendan (new)

Brendan O'neill | 17 comments Finish Breaking Bad!

message 37: by Ryan (new) - added it

Ryan (ryantendo) | 4 comments I'd really think introspectively about how I had gotten there in the first place.

Something I deserved? Strive to be better.
Was I persecuted or being a dragon? Burninate the countryside.

message 38: by Sara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara (szoso) | 5 comments I would soar through the skies and feel the wind on my skin. Then I would roast a few of my captors and after my meal I would bath in a creek underneath a waterfall.

message 39: by Kine (new)

Kine (kine91) | 1 comments I would fly around the earth and find a beautiful spot to start a family and live happily ever afters. I'm a nice little dragon.

message 40: by John (last edited Feb 09, 2014 12:34AM) (new)

John Sheffield | 1 comments Assuming my captors were properly dealt with, of course I have to put in an appearance on the Sword and Laser podcast.

Then, it depends on what type of dragon I am:

If I were a Water Dragon (and in the US) I might see how much California and the other western states would pay for me to help out with the drought. Then on to Australia and the like.

If I were a Fire Breathing Dragon. I might hit the Con and Ren Fair circuit. Cut a deal with some sword makers -- can you imagine what folks would pay for a blade forged using real dragonfire?

Either way, I'd get an agent just in case there are any movie makers left that might want to go practical rather than CG now-a-days...

Hey, a lizard got to get gold for his horde somehow. Today's knights have more than just bows and swords and lances. The old "smash and grab" is just too risky.

I'd also plan to party my tail off the next Chinese New Year.

message 41: by Powbear (new)

Powbear | 10 comments Fly over to the US and take the place of Lem in the S&L set.

message 42: by Kris (new)

Kris (kvolk) Revenge, Rampage, Repent, Repeat....really...

message 43: by Miira (new)

Miira Eat my rescuers, because I can.

message 44: by Mark (new)

Mark (markmtz) | 2229 comments Scorched earth then Starbucks.

message 45: by Darren (new)

Darren I would make flapjacks. Head on up to Quebec and tap a maple, maybe. Then some poutine. Basically, the same thing regular me feels like doing right now. Just larger portions.

message 46: by artofstu (new)

artofstu | 139 comments BURN THE WHOLE WORLD!

message 47: by Grim (last edited Feb 09, 2014 10:08PM) (new)

Grim (grimnir) | 40 comments Burn the entire cast of coronation street, and the producers and makers or every single reality show. This would make me truly aclaimed as the most benevolent and enlightened creature on the planet and everyone would worship me right behind Sheldon from the big bang theory.

PS - as everyone else has said I would totally burn my captors... and may be the inland revenue. But I'd leave taking over the world to Pinky and The Brain

message 48: by Serendi (new)

Serendi | 828 comments Sear thread.

message 49: by Joey (new)

Joey Cruz (neverwanderer) | 63 comments I'm a dragon. I've been recently freed from captivity. There's only one possible thing on my mind.

I fly.

As far and as fast and as high as I can. I fly until it's hard for regular mortals to breathe. I put myself into orbit, where the tears freeze as soon as they leave my eyes. There can be no feeling worse than being born with absolute physical freedom, and having that freedom taken away. So, I fly.

And when my wings are exhausted, my tears are spent, and my hunger is sated, I turn back toward my captors, and I unleash every ounce of misery they imposed on me tenfold. I don't just burn them down, I don't just burn their home down -- I turn the land they held me on to cinders. The planet loses a continent.

I'm a dragon. I don't do things halfway.

message 50: by Lily (new)

Lily (likwan) | 2 comments I would go hang out with Smaug.

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Moth and Spark (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Anne Leonard (other topics)