FRIENDLY BOOKWORMS. discussion

Questions

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Just ask away. I'll answer you when I can, and any other mod who wants to: )

(Just nothing to offend anyone!)

I have a question though.

Do you believe in signs? Why or why not?

message 2: by Maximum (new)

Maximum What do you mean by signs? Like signs from God?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

maybe. i guess.

message 4: by Maximum (new)

Maximum lol you guess? What else did you have in mind? Anyways, I have a strong belief in God. I don't have any real specific reason why I do. I mean I grew up in a sort of nontraditional Christian home. My parents don't go to church, but they are familiar with the Bible and believe in and love God. Another way they weren't really traditional was they never forced me to share their beliefs (which I liked). They said they wanted me to decide what to believe in on my own. So one of the the first times I went to church I told myself I'd pretend to believe. I mean what was the harm? I'd take in what they say and sing their songs with an open mind. I'd like to say there was a single moment where everything clicked but there really wasn't. It was just a bunch of small things I noticed that probably wouldn't make sense to others, but made sense to me. I believe in God now and I believe he does leave signs but they are so subtle that they're often really hard to find.

♕ ❤  ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (marilyngoodreadscom) | 178 comments Mod
I'm not sure myself.
I believe in something.Just an example.Have you ever put something down and You can't find it and something falls right by where it is?I always think it's my deceased dad giving me a sign to help me find it.Or is that just me it happens to?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x. wrote: "I'm not sure myself.
I believe in something.Just an example.Have you ever put something down and You can't find it and something falls right by where it is?I always think it's my deceased dad givin..."

no. it happens to me too.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thomas wrote: "lol you guess? What else did you have in mind? Anyways, I have a strong belief in God. I don't have any real specific reason why I do. I mean I grew up in a sort of nontraditional Christian home. M..."

IDK how to explain it...

message 8: by Maximum (new)

Maximum Yeah, I think about that too. My favorite teacher passed away and I still think about her lots. I imagine she still helps with my writing.

♕ ❤  ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (marilyngoodreadscom) | 178 comments Mod
Thomas wrote: "Yeah, I think about that too. My favorite teacher passed away and I still think about her lots. I imagine she still helps with my writing."

Yes,that's what I mean.I believe we have a guardian Angel.

message 10: by Maximum (new)

Maximum I like that thought. :)

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments Can you add some polls?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Of course: )