Wilmette Public Library discussion

What Are You Reading for February, 2014

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Let us all know what you've been reading this February!

Thus far, the Library has of course been reading Mindy Kaling's book (you can comment on the other page), "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, "Broken Verses" by Kamila Shamsie and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Hound of the Baskervilles." Needless to say, it's been a busy February so far!

message 2: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jilliemae) | 35 comments I just finished, "There's More to Life Than This" by Theresa Caputo, the Long Island Medium, and I loved it. In it, she explores positive energy in the universe and an interconnectedness between us all. Definitely not for skeptics; this book is for believers from the get-go, and if you are, this book will just heighten and encourage your positive energy. Plus, this book was really solidly written, which was actually a surprise given that she's a TV personality, so you don't really know what you're going to get. Highly recommended to her fans and anyone wanting to learn another perspective on a higher power and positivity.

message 3: by Betty (last edited Feb 27, 2014 12:42PM) (new)

Betty | 3 comments Coming to the end of A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Marra A Constellation of Vital Phenomena A Novel by Anthony Marra . Several years in the lives of Chechen folk tragically caught up in the recent wars. I can't seem to put it down, despite some of the gruesome content. The characters are incredibly interesting and the situations horribly real. Though it sounds unrelentingly hard, this book has a wonderful strength of the humanity in all of us running through it.