Bailey's/Orange Women's Fiction Group discussion

Archive Read > Nominations for March from Archive

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penny (new)

Penny | 680 comments Mod
come along and list a book you like the look of - I was thinking of looking for a spring/new beginnings type theme if there are any!! - but otherwise just go ahead and choose anyway!

message 2: by Val (last edited Feb 07, 2014 07:30AM) (new)

Val Small Island and The Road Home are about starting a new life in a new country. So is The White Woman on the Green Bicycle, but it is told backwards.
I liked The White Woman on the Green Bicycle the best of the three, but I have already read it twice, so I will nominate:
Small Island Small Island by Andrea Levy

message 3: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthiea) | 70 comments I have read them all, loved Small Island and Life after Life (I was frustrated at first but then got into the author's groove and went with it) Life after Life I just read about a month ago so it is fresh, Small Island was years ago, too long to really remember and contribute to any discussion...so I would recommend Life after Life!

message 4: by Val (new)

Val Ruthie wrote: "I have read them all, loved Small Island and Life after Life (I was frustrated at first but then got into the author's groove and went with it) Life after Life I just read about a month ago so it i..."
Yes I liked it too eventually, I almost gave up several times beforehand though.

message 5: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthiea) | 70 comments I agree, it was annoying at first, like the movie Groundhog Day, but then I saw what she was going for and let her take me away. I was glad I stuck with it, it was brilliant!

message 6: by Penny (new)

Penny | 680 comments Mod
so we have one nomination - thank you Val!! - for March's read - no point going to a vote then so Small Island by Andrea Levy is our archive book!

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 155 comments Mod
I read Small Island a few years ago and enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing what others think.