Bailey's/Orange Women's Fiction Group discussion

2014 Books > Nominations for March from13 list

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penny (new)

Penny | 680 comments Mod
feel free to select your choice to read in March - shall we go for something with a spring/rebirth type theme?

message 2: by Penny (new)

Penny | 680 comments Mod
I'll nominate The Innocents as it's about a wedding which is sort of a 'new beginning'!!

message 3: by Val (new)

Val Life After Life would fit the theme, there are multiple rebirths.
I'm not sure whether to nominate it or not though, it is well written, but frustrating when the stories keep breaking off and starting again just when you are getting involved in them.

Decision: I will nominate it with a warning,
"You may decide to throw this book at the wall.
Do not do this with your kindle.
Think up a good excuse for the library in advance."

message 4: by Penny (new)

Penny | 680 comments Mod
any one else wanting to nominate?

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 155 comments Mod
sorry... I was too busy with the baby to think about nominations this month.. plus I am falling behind on my reading for this group. :) I WILL catch up!!

message 6: by Diane (new)

Diane The theme is the constraint. None of the books in the 2013 list really fit but how about The Forrests since the main character moves from new York to Auckland at age seven. That's certainly a new beginning.

message 7: by Penny (new)

Penny | 680 comments Mod
Jessica wrote: "sorry... I was too busy with the baby to think about nominations this month.. plus I am falling behind on my reading for this group. :) I WILL catch up!!"

no problem Jessica - has baby arrived?

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 155 comments Mod
Yes, he was born in late January. He's a good baby and I get some reading done while feeding him. :)

message 9: by Penny (new)

Penny | 680 comments Mod
congrats to you how lovely!! I used to read quite a bit while feeding as you are captive really!!