Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta Reader Needed for Historical Fiction with Adult Scenes (but it's not an erotic novel)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ade (last edited Feb 10, 2014 04:29AM) (new)

Ade S (Ade-S) | 3 comments Hiya, I am currently looking for a beta reader. I am on second draft of a historical novel (a story about two near-orphans growing up in Victorian England. The story follows them from childhood to adulthood as they fight their way through years of drudgery, hardship and discoveries).

It is quite gritty, and it is neither a romance or erotic novel, but it does have elements of romance and a few sexual scenes that is not suitable for young adults. First draft is 205,000 words.

I am looking for someone who can give me deep critiques. I also like weekly (or daily, depending on your schedule) feedback. If you are interested, please contact me and I shall send the first 10 pages to gauge your interest. Thank you.

message 2: by Ade (new)

Ade S (Ade-S) | 3 comments Lyn wrote: "Hi Ade
I'm a writer of historicals, just embarking on a new novel. 200,000 words is VERY long for a novel of any sort these days.
Now look. I am EXTREMELY picky. Let's see what you do, then let's s..."

Hi Lyn, I have sent you a private message.

message 3: by MM (new)

MM (mmpangestu) | 9 comments Hi Ade,
If you're still looking, I'd love to be your critique partner. Please message me with details.

Talk soon,
MM

message 4: by Ade (new)

Ade S (Ade-S) | 3 comments Maria wrote: "Hi Ade,
If you're still looking, I'd love to be your critique partner. Please message me with details.

Talk soon,
MM"

Hi Maria, I have sent you a private message. Thanks.

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet Piper | 24 comments I am also interested. I wrote 2 historicals. Yours is still longer than both of mine, but i'm game.

or MM or Maria, if Ade has enough, maybe you and I could work together?

Janet