What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Book about a writer that can alter fairy tales and bring them into the real world?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (last edited Feb 06, 2014 08:59PM) (new)

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments Okay ladies and gents, here's a good one:

What is the name of the book - it's about a writer - male. And he is able to write about fairy tales and bring them to life in the real world - or- he already lives in Fairytale land and he doesn't realize it...and then there is a murder and the cops become involved...the plot is along these lines. As I recall, the author of this book, has written several other books and most of his writing is of the quirky, dark humor variety? Who is this author?

BTW -
One edition of the book has Humpty Dumpty sitting on his wall...among other things. This book may have been written in the 90's,early 2000's(my best guess).

message 2: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (mcgraced) | 81 comments Sounds rather like The Big Overeasy by Jasper Fforde

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments Dang it. Nope. Just went and checked.

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments What else can I say about this author? It seems like I remember one of his novels being about hunting down a ravenous croc? or alligator? in a residential area, and there were sequels to the first book. The attacks seemed to be linked to the victims sexual activity...I hope my memory is cranking out these details correctly...again Dark Comedy...

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments Meredith wrote: "Sounds rather like The Big Overeasy by Jasper Fforde"

Dang it. Nope. Just went and checked.

Thanks for the try...

message 6: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments I remember this book too. The cover had a sneering humpty dumpty on the left hand side, with the person (author I guess) on the right looking up at him. I think humpty had a cigar or a drink in his hand, and he looked really fat and smug. I thought it might be craig shaw gardner; I remember it around that time, but for the life of me drawing a blank on title or author.

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments Bump

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments Hi Nathalia -

Just looked this up - and no...this isn't it either.

Thanks for trying!!!

message 10: by Corbett (new)

Corbett | 23 comments Is it INKHEART? The main character is the daughter of the author and she has to go into the story he wrote to save her father. I think it is the first book of a trilogy.

message 11: by Alex (new)

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments Good Morning -

No - it's not 'Inkheart'...I was wondering if someone might suggest this book.

Thanks for trying!

message 12: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Anything on this list? https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

By the way, the book you're describing sounds really interesting! And possibly familiar....I can't remember what it is though :]

message 14: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
DαякєηRнαℓ, thanks for the heads up.

I'm not sure why this request is filed under "Now We'll Never Know". Usually this means the original poster has left the group or deleted the original post.

Let's move this back to UNSOLVED...

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38141 comments Mod
Alex, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 17: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38141 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Alex, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.