David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Asunder (Newsoul, #2)
This topic is about Asunder
Buddy Reads! > Asunder Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
A bunch of us are going to read Asunder, the second book in the Newsoul series starting Friday, Feb 7th!

Everyone is welcome to join! There are no set chapters per day, we just read at our own paces and start each post with how far along you are, i.e., Chapter #, %, using spoilers where needed. Have fun!

message 2: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
I AM INNNNN!!!

So in that I already started :) Only 9% (view spoiler)

message 3: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

You just made me giggle :)

Trust me, you haven't even hit the tip of iceberg on what goes on in this book! I think I might crack it open here in a little bit, trying to get all my little projects done first :)

message 4: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

LOL all I want to do is read at the moment, but I'm trying desperately to stay on task and work on some of the guest posts/interviews I have to do :)

message 5: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Another one of my little projects to do, come up with questions for your interview! I think I may do that tomorrow, I am being so ridiculously silly at the moment...who knows what I would ask you!! LOL Sometimes I don't have great control over my brain it seems!

Oh, I know something I was going to ask you! But I'm not putting it in the interview, lol! What's your middle name?

message 6: by Karen’s Library (last edited Feb 07, 2014 11:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "Another one of my little projects to do, come up with questions for your interview! I think I may do that tomorrow, I am being so ridiculously silly at the moment...who knows what I would ask you!..."

Jenny, that's the perfect time to think up your questions! I adore silly Jenny! ;) So funny!

message 7: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aww thanks, sometimes I like silly Jenny, sometimes I hate her. To be my friend, its kind of important to like her, because I never know when she'll pop out! LOL I am strange.

Hahahhha!!! I can't wait to spend 5 days with you! I think, silly Jenny, funny Jen and zany Karen are going to be an unstoppable fun filled trio!! We're gonna rock the book convention AND Nashville!

So I just finished Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows ! Wow, the ending!! I want to jump into Asunder right NOW!! Alas, I need to work for a few hours and run some errands. But I'll be back!! Can't wait!

message 9: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now!!! LOL

I'm so happy you ended up liking it, Karen! You can't believe HOW HAPPY it makes me when my friends like the books I love!

Jesse | 166 comments I´m in too, my first buddy read, starting chapter 2

message 11: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

So glad you could join us, Jesse!!

Yay, Jesse! I just finished working so now I'll head out to run my errands and then I'll be starting. I bought it this morning. :)

Jesse | 166 comments I can't imagine the feeling when Ana was inside the temple

I'm 28% in. (view spoiler)

Jesse wrote: "I can't imagine the feeling when Ana was inside the temple"

Seriously!! The whole upside down thing really freaked me out!

message 16: by Toni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Toni Whittaker This book is amazing !! It's one of those I love that I've read it but then I'm gutted I've finished it ! It's so different and really makes you think !!

message 17: by Toni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Toni Whittaker David wrote: "I AM INNNNN!!!

So in that I already started :) Only 9% [spoilers removed]"

I was definitely worried of her doing this also it can ruin some books !

message 18: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Toni wrote: "This book is amazing !! It's one of those I love that I've read it but then I'm gutted I've finished it ! It's so different and really makes you think !!"

Oh wow, speedster! So glad you enjoyed it :)

message 19: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Karen wrote: "I'm 28% in. [spoilers removed]"

LOL great analogy!

message 20: by Toni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Toni Whittaker David wrote: "Toni wrote: "This book is amazing !! It's one of those I love that I've read it but then I'm gutted I've finished it ! It's so different and really makes you think !!"

Oh wow, speedster! So glad y..."

I couldn't put it down when I start a book it's like pausing a movie in my head when I stop reading lol

Jesse | 166 comments Already read 46% Im fascinated with the world where Ana was born (view spoiler)

I'm 44% in. Ana just went back into (view spoiler)

message 23: by Toni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Toni Whittaker I love that it twists with your brain and the storyline is no where near predictable !! :)

message 24: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

So true, Toni! I'm only at 25% on my reread, no one will let me read today! They all want my attention. Ah, well, I had a fun afternoon with Tessa being all crafty and artsy!

message 25: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

FINALLY everyone left me alone for a few hours! And I finished my reread, and I think I enjoyed it even more the second time around! Can't wait to hear all your thoughts!

I'm at 84% and oh my, this just got scary. (view spoiler)

message 27: by Toni (last edited Feb 10, 2014 01:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Toni Whittaker Karen wrote: "I'm at 84% and oh my, this just got scary.

There were defiantly a few parts that shocked and pulled at the heart strings !!!

message 28: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I know, Karen that shocked me about (view spoiler)

I'm again at about 40 pages from the end. I hate it when the need to sleep gets in the way!! Hahahh...

message 30: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

The last 40 pages are intense!!

message 31: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

I'm behind! I'm at 60% and my favorite two parts were (view spoiler)

message 32: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

She hasn't forgotten, David, she's just gotten a little sidetracked! And I agree completely about Sam, nice way to put it ;) HAHA!

message 33: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

LOL okay, good to know :)

Finished! Wow! My brain is tripping trying to understand it. (view spoiler)

message 35: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

I'm at 91%! I kind of enjoyed when (view spoiler)

message 36: by Toni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Toni Whittaker Karen wrote: "Finished! Wow! My brain is tripping trying to understand it. i was thinking the exact same thing there would be no point !

message 37: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Finished, Loved this book!!! Yeah, Karen, I was a bit confused about all that too. I'm hoping to understand it more in the third book :)

message 38: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Me three, and reading the second time didn't really clue me in any more...so I'm guessing all will be revealed in Infinite! I'm so unbelievably happy that you loved it!! Silly, I know, and if you hadn't, no big deal, but there it is, you made me happy! :)

message 39: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Hehe I'm glad I loved it too, thanks for getting us hooked on this series!

Jesse | 166 comments Just finished Asunder so freaking awesome it was very twisted and mysterious

message 41: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

YAY, Jesse, happy you liked it too!

Oh whew! Glad it's not just me. Yay!!!

message 43: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Awesome, Jesse! I felt the same way :)

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Incarnate (other topics)